Wolfman comparisons

• Thread starter Deleted member 2294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2294

Ive certainly come around to settling on the 0.74 as the gap of choice.

Now it's between SB or OC or both (DC)

I quite enjoy Open combs like the Gillette NEW LC and RFB....if I read correctly, the 0.74 OC
offers less blade exposure than the SB version and thus feels smoother on the skin.

Either I could go full OC...or play it safe and get a DC.

No room for error at this price point (for me)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne

Forum Sod
When I first used the SB 0.74 I did comment that I found it aggressive, however, since getting to know the razor it has never,ever done me any damage not even a weeper and it always leaves an impeccable finish. In fact I can get a DFS in one pass that is good enough for any but the most anal of shavers. The good thing about Wolfman razors is you will never lose on one.

Petronius

Forum GOD!
Can you expand a bit? Someone else spoke of this too.
I think I have nothing to add … I owned .61 (SB and OC), .67 (SB and OC), .74 (SB and OC), .80 (SB and OC) and .86 (SB and OC). When I compared these razors side by side, blade feel was always stronger with OC´s. I can say blade feel .61 OC is similar to .67 SB ……. .86 OC is similar to .91SB.

You mentioned DC. I don´t like DC´s. Depends on point of view because for some this setup combines advantages of both heads, for me combines disadvantages.

D

Deleted member 2294

So far, one account says OC has less blade feel than SB (and is smoother)

Another says OC has stronger blade feel than SB

Anyone want to break the deadlock?

Looks like a YMMV thing.

Wayne

Forum Sod
So far, one account says OC has less blade feel than SB (and is smoother)

Another says OC has stronger blade feel than SB

Anyone want to break the deadlock?

Looks like a YMMV thing.
Yeah, it will be, one mans meat is another ones’s poison in this game.

Petronius

Forum GOD!
And another interesting thing is if are OCs more effective than SBs. IMHO not. OC´s with stronger blade feel can give you feeling they are more efficient but in my case is time from BBS to first whiskers the same like with SB. Another thing is if anyone can due to better blade feel in OC improve his technique.

D

Deleted member 2294

Well, one of the things I remember reading about the WR1 head on the USA forums is that there is virtually
no difference between SB and OC. And that the smoothness of the head rises as you go higher
in the gap.

While for the WR2 head, there is a difference (OC is less smooth than SB)

rawfox1

Forum GOD!
Can anyone say what the difference between the WR1 .86 SB in SS and Ti. I am getting a WR1 in SS. Already have WR2 1.25& a 1.35 which are my favorites and would like to also know how the WR2 and WR1 differ

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carbold

Carlo
On the titanium question, there isn’t much difference apart from weight. I remember with the timeless the titanium was somewhat smoother than the SS, not the case for the WR1

rawfox1

Forum GOD!
On the titanium question, there isn’t much difference apart from weight. I remember with the timeless the titanium was somewhat smoother than the SS, not the case for the WR1
I agree with you on the timeless definitely a difference between the TI and stainless steel I enjoy both of them in the .95. There is definitely a difference in face feel

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk