Wickhams Super Smooth V2

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Forgot to post this last night.
Used what was left of my V2 scented. My feelings are very similar to my other shaves using V2. Thick, dense lather, that is very easily produced. Scent is not for me, but I have warmed to it. It is not as bad as I immediately thought!
Slickness is plentiful and gets the job done. Residual slickness I would like improved a little, but others may not like this quality. Face feel post shave is amazing. Face feels nicely moisturised without any greasiness. A nice tight skin feeling too.
It may be a little too thick to face lather though? I used a stiff boar in a bowl last night and it took a while to get the cream broken down. Once more water is introduced, the lather explodes..
Great cream.

D

Deleted member 30

First shave for 4 days yesterday. The sample was stored in the opened sachet in the bathroom cabinet.

I squeezed the sample out and noticed that there were some pink patches.
I'm not sure if it had turned pink or was supposed to be that colour. I didn't notice the colour when I first opened it.

Pic added to show the colour.

Nothing more to add from the first shave, same great lather and same slickness. As before the melon scent was present through out the shave.

It's a great soap.
Sorry for the slow reply, yes this is the fragrance oxidising slightly, normally it turns a soap very quickly a dark colour but so far tests show it to be remarkably stable in this base, turning to a slight hue of pink at worse. My samples here went a slight hue of pink in places then evened out throughout the whole soap.

I'm pleased to report that the Toasted Coconut is also holding up well in this soap which I'm over the moon about. I really have a sweet spot for this fragrance. I realise it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but this is a special fragrance for me because of the nagging at Travis (Grandstaff Soaps) I did to get the formula and permission to use it. I have tried it in so many soap bases and it really did not want to play nicely, turning all of my previous soaps a very dark brown. I am a bit OCD when it comes to soaps turning a dark colour. Although a natural process IMO soaps should not turn dark, to people unknowing what is happening it can appear a bit scary. So I'm pleased I have created a soap base that this works in, it also opens up a lot of other possible fragrances too, especially fragrances with Vanilla in them.

Round 2 will be posted tomorrow, I was a couple of samples short as I've included double the amount of soap in each packet. I will be making more tomorrow and the rest will follow towards the end of this week.

Thank you all for taking the time to post feedback, slight tweaks have been made which address the small issues. I am sure there will be more testing as I struggled to up the residual slickness to a good level, so this may need a bit more tinkering with.

Happy Shaving! :)

D

Deleted member 30

:surrender: . Got pumpkin in the house but still no melon. :whistling: . :)
You missed out on the Mellon Simon, sorry. But the good news I have you on the list now and down for a Toasted Coconut version to send out. Just putting stamps on envelopes which will go into the post tomorrow. :)

EDIT: I did go to post office today but there was a cue of people behind me and I didn't want to keep them waiting, so I bought the stamps to put on myself tonight. :)

halvor

a most elusive fish
Not sure if you read my posting elsewhere, Darron, but in contrast to the first two gos, my last go with the remainder of the contents of the sachet last week was via bowl loading. Squeezed it all out and into the bottom of the bowl and loaded up, thus emulating a normal tub loading. Results: same uber fabulous skin feel as the first shaves with this soap, but this time cushion and glide were really up there as well. You have an absolute winner in my book (provided that I indeed am able to load it this way rather than squeezing a dollop straight into the brush).

D

Deleted member 30

Not sure if you read my posting elsewhere, Darron, but in contrast to the first two gos, my last go with the remainder of the contents of the sachet last week was via bowl loading. Squeezed it all out and into the bottom of the bowl and loaded up, thus emulating a normal tub loading. Results: same uber fabulous skin feel as the first shaves with this soap, but this time cushion and glide were really up there as well. You have an absolute winner in my book (provided that I indeed am able to load it this way rather than squeezing a dollop straight into the brush).
Thank you Halvour, this is very encouraging feedback. I hope you like the next round of Toasted Coconut. Maybe the wrong time of year for it, but I think it will make a great Summer fragrance next year. :)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Thank you Halvour, this is very encouraging feedback. I hope you like the next round of Toasted Coconut. Maybe the wrong time of year for it, but I think it will make a great Summer fragrance next year. :)
I've smelt this coconut and I think it will work just dandy even if its autumn or winter.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
You missed out on the Mellon Simon, sorry. But the good news I have you on the list now and down for a Toasted Coconut version to send out. Just putting stamps on envelopes which will go into the post tomorrow. :)

EDIT: I did go to post office today but there was a cue of people behind me and I didn't want to keep them waiting, so I bought the stamps to put on myself tonight. :)
Thank you

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
This evenings shave with the toasted coconut super smooth v2 sample.

First I must admit that I really don't like coconut scents or coconut in general. I tried to ignore this through the shave and concentrate on the performance.

I have been impressed with the previous samples and this one is no exception. Again it easily lathers and performs well. Rinsing between passes and my face felt slick and I think this might have slightly improved since the melon sample, but its hard to say definitely.

Either way, I think this soap is ready to be launched in my opinion. I think it's great how feedback is being sought and acted upon and I'll certainly buy this soap/cream depending on scent.

Final comments on the scent, even though I didn't like it, the strength was about right. I think it's a good move to have a scent that is a little different to most offerings on the market. There will always be a range of opinions on scents and this being a summer (suncream type) scent would work.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Thanks to the generosity of Mr Fox, I have a sample of Toasted Coconut to try. I thought I would hate this scent, but it is lovely! Not sweet at all, I was expecting Malibu or something.. But is is smokier, toasted in fact!
It also appears softer, creamier too. I can't wait to give it a go!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
First go with the Toasted Coconut V2.
Wow, for me it is a vast improvement on the initial sample. THICK slippery lather, that whisked up very quickly and easily. My only slight niggles with the first sample was that the residual slickness was a little lacking, certainly not bad, but I like a little more. I think Darron has hit a home run with this version. Its not an oil slick, just enough residual slickness without any greasiness. The other, teeny tiny, issue I had was that it was a bit too thick for a "travel" cream. Again, intentional or not this version is thinner and face lathers like a beast.
Post shave face feel is top drawer as with the previous version. Great work Darron, this is, dare I say it, a better soap for me, than 1912!!!
Cant wait to see what the final packaging and scents will be..

Last edited:

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
V2 toasted coconut arrived yesterday and was used today. Probably used too much as usual but it easily did 3 passes with plenty left for an all over face finish. Half the sachet used. I was a tad concerned that this would be very sweet and sickly but it is far from it. A subtle and by no means overpowering hint of coconut that disappated very quickly post shave. Easy to lather and lovely to use. thick, creamy, protective and non oily. An excellent product but I wonder how pricing would be proportionally effected by producing the small travel packets. Maybe a definite one use measure would be the way to go. Open, use and throw. Not something I would personally use for travel but I would definitely be interested in larger measures. Now can you do this in a classic 24 or magnum 'flavour'.

MANY thanks Darren for the chance to try this.

Last edited: