Why can't I stop spending

Wayne

Forum Sod
I do enjoy dogging too bit that's free apart from the petrol
I used to have disposable income.

I hit thirty and found myself with a wife, young family, hefty mortgage in the M3/4 corridor, and therefore financial burdens responsibilities. Now I’m looking at some of my cherished shaving stuff and wondering whether selling a few pieces would cover the wife’s car’s MOT and interim service...

You’re the other side of that and so, once again, you’ve got money to burn! Don’t feel guilty - enjoy it and be glad that your kicks come from posh soap and not metal detecting or dogging.
 
Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Metal detecting is a strong hobby! I'm sure there must be forums for this fine pursuit where members discuss their gear and suggest purchases. Probably the average person wouldn't consider there to be much difference between our shaving interest and said treasure hunters. :D
They'd probably look at metal detector enthusiasts as more sane than us.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
They'd probably look at metal detector enthusiasts as more sane than us.
You know Wayne I believe you're right. I'd be interested in what the most obscure hobby is that has the relative online community. I did go through a short phase of looking for the most rarefied YouTube 'unboxing' video. I didn't get in too deep, the best was steam irons and yes I do sometimes have too much time on my hands. :thumbsup:
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'll cut it down to one word. Addiction... what ever the root cause I think 90% of us with one form of acquisition disorder are all addicts in our own way. Be it the thrill of opening the next mail call or chasing the next best thing. Or even looking for that epic bargain that makes us feel like we've saved money and not just dropped all cash saved for the bills and food money again.
Once the thrill or kick is subdued and we've promised ourselves we're done we don't need more soaps or splash or brushes....we see that post or pic and we're bloody off again card in hand hitting the pay now button and waiting for our drug of choice to arrive.
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I've been on and off for 4 years now with my Soap addiction disorder. I have no trouble with razors and brushes.
Since covid lockdown, it is hard ON. I've doubled my collection and still browsing daily.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I've been on and off for 4 years now with my Soap addiction disorder. I have no trouble with razors and brushes.
Since covid lockdown, it is hard ON. I've doubled my collection and still browsing daily.
Then I may have some creams to suggest then..
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Following a recent burst of soap procurement I actually found myself overwhelmed when looking at the collection in the bathroom. I've removed a third of what was there and put it into a plastic storage box for long term storage. It was quite a freeing thing to do. There's still a lot of soap on display but I can see it all now and it doesn't fill me with fear.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Following a recent burst of soap procurement I actually found myself overwhelmed when looking at the collection in the bathroom. I've removed a third of what was there and put it into a plastic storage box for long term storage. It was quite a freeing thing to do. There's still a lot of soap on display but I can see it all now and it doesn't fill me with fear.
Stuff left and forgotten in deep dungeon take a spirit and come to haunt you in sleep, begging to be freed, like scream of a butterfly. Then curiosity gets the better of you, trust me.
 
Top