Where to buy Pitralon Classic?

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
No that's the aftershave in glass. For some reason I purchased 1000 ml (plastic) bottles of Vitos cologne. I also have litre bottles of Tobacco hair lotion as well some where.

Gordy

Legendary Member
No that's the aftershave in glass. For some reason I purchased 1000 ml (plastic) bottles of Vitos cologne. I also have litre bottles of Tobacco hair lotion as well some where.
Ohhhhh, interesting. Have pondered the scent for some time as the price is excellent. I love cologne for the whole body, fantastic after a shower. Might have to be putting an order in soon.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
10 minutes is about the same longevity I experience, such a shame, as it is, as you say wonderful.

For scent and face feel I haven't come across many that are a lot better, especially when considering price.

Speick is excellent, an unusual, slightly medicated scent/lemon but extremely effective.

Check out Floid (if you haven't already) I prefer the original. Cheap Turkish tobacco cologne is lovely too, the brand I go for is Yillday, however over application can leave the skin tacky to the touch. Avoid TOBS aftershave gel/cream/lotion. However their aftershaves are decent. Jermyn Street having no alcohol is slightly more viscous.
Thanks @Nishy I have tried Floid Vigoroso but wasn't keen on the scent. I also thought the Fine aftershave's gave a better face feel.

Dr Watson

James
If you’re looking for alternatives I highly recommend 4711 aftershave, smells nothing like Pitralon of course but it can be found for a little as £6.40 and performance for me is on par with Speick/Pitralon/Floïd etc. Scent is good old Citrus Cologne, very similar to DR Harris Arlington.

owlman

Forum GOD!
I love the stuff. The scent is great but only last 10 minutes which is a real shame as I love the smell.
10 minutes is about the same longevity I experience, such a shame, as it is, as you say wonderful.
Weird. Pitralon Classic is the most persistent aftershave I know - when I use it early in the morning, I can still catch an occasional whiff of it in the afternoon. And no, I'm not bathing in the stuff or anything. :wink: Just the usual small puddle in the palm of my hand, then patting it on my face.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Weird. Pitralon Classic is the most persistent aftershave I know - when I use it early in the morning, I can still catch an occasional whiff of it in the afternoon. And no, I'm not bathing in the stuff or anything. :wink: Just the usual small puddle in the palm of my hand, then patting it on my face.
Lucky you. I wish I could get that sort of performance from it.

halvor

a most elusive fish
+1 on getting decent longevity from PC.

People's skin is different, but their noses, too. I think some get fragrance blind quicker than others. Ask someone to give you a sniff after a couple of hours, Rob, you might just be surprised. (I’d suggest asking a person you know rather well...)

halvor

a most elusive fish
My only reference is the aftershave version, so EdT may be a little different, but Azzaro PH has somewhat of the same vibe. A little warmer, less fresh, almost as if orange instead of the fresher citrus in Pitralon Classic. Francesco Smalto PH another you could try.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Azzaro/Azzaro-pour-Homme-829.html

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Francesco-Smalto/Francesco-Smalto-pour-Homme-9823.html

These are the notes of PC, which fit quite well with the notes of both of the above:

Head: Green notes, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, lavender and pineapple.

Heart: Sage, pepper, coriander, cyclamen, rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, orchid, iris and cloves.

Basis: Cedar wood, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, leather, oakmoss and musk.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
My only reference is the aftershave version, so EdT may be a little different, but Azzaro PH has somewhat of the same vibe. A little warmer, less fresh, almost as if orange instead of the fresher citrus in Pitralon Classic. Francesco Smalto PH another you could try.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Azzaro/Azzaro-pour-Homme-829.html

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Francesco-Smalto/Francesco-Smalto-pour-Homme-9823.html

These are the notes of PC, which fit quite well with the notes of both of the above:

Head: Green notes, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, lavender and pineapple.

Heart: Sage, pepper, coriander, cyclamen, rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, orchid, iris and cloves.

Basis: Cedar wood, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, leather, oakmoss and musk.
Thank you Halvor you are a star!:notworthy:
I'll check them out.:)

Estariol

Forum GOD!
To staff: Since this is a thread about the CLASSIC (there are more threads, but here's been some talk about impresions as well ,i've decided to post mine here. Please move it to the suitable one if you find it needs to be done so.
First time i tried it, and i'm VERY impressed. It's the green, German, with cedar (not juniper) oil in it (stated on the package). It's not so much the scent, but the effect. It cools for ~10 minutes, and even though i know i've irritated my skin because i've used my razor without a SB, it resolved everything WITHIN SECONDS. Stinged shorter than i.e. Lustray after a shave with no irritations, and the cooling effect felt sooo good! No redness after application, which did happen to me occasionally with other splashes. After about ~30min. i felt a liiittle bit of stinging and light itchyness on random spots on my neck, and when this happens i usually apply AS once again. It reboosted the cooling effect, no stinging, and neutralized the stings and itches. As for the scent, i find it a pleasant, pine tree-style variation of the many. After two applications between 8 and 9PM, i could still smell it this morning. All in all a no-nonsense, masculine smelling and very efficient and effective aftershave for me. Since it can't be bought in Serbia, i'll look for a way to have it in constant stock.

Last edited: