What's the dinner tonight?

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I really like a meatloaf, seldom seem in England, I used to go to a very small restaurant in Florida, set meal of soup of the day or a salad to start and a dish such as meatloaf for mains, from memory, $10 each.

HP sauce too, I have a friend in France and whenever I used to go the request was 'don't forget the HP', took a catering pack in the end, together with Roses Lime Cordial which was unobtainium.
What, no Marmite?:p:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
A new recipe for us tonight: Moroccan-style fish stew. We used fresh cod. A very tasty dish, but we’ll amp up the spices to suit our palates when we make it again.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Wish I liked fish.

Bob
Must be a hold over from your days in the navy. Actually, I only started to like fish roughly 10 years ago; today I’ve advanced to eating it about 3 times a week, if you include shellfish. When I think about it, it wasn’t until I was in my 30s when I started liking pasta. As a teenager I wouldn’t eat pasta at all; fortunately I went to boarding school where pasta was never served.

R181

Grumpy old man
Tonight, it was pork tenderloin medallions in a mustard sauce, wild rice and air fryer done asparagus. Ice cream for dessert to celebrate today's high of +20C. Take that banana belt Ontario. :wink:

Bob

Vacumatic

Testy
Must be a hold over from your days in the navy. Actually, I only started to like fish roughly 10 years ago; today I’ve advanced to eating it about 3 times a week, if you include shellfish. When I think about it, it wasn’t until I was in my 30s when I started liking pasta. As a teenager I wouldn’t eat pasta at all; fortunately I went to boarding school where pasta was never served.
I was converted after a holiday to Robin Hoods Bay

image.jpeg

A local man set off on his own each morning in a tiny boat, caught haddock and cod, came back and prepared the fish, opened the doors to his one person fish and chip shop at 11.30 and kept selling going until all his catch was gone, which didn't take long.

The fish was beautiful, no smell and tasted fabulous in crunchy batter. Scores of people sat eating his fish by the harbour and watching the boats coming and going, children searching the rock pools and going fossil hunting on the beach.

Simple pleasures

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I was converted after a holiday to Robin Hoods Bay

View attachment 150437

A local man set off on his own each morning in a tiny boat, caught haddock and cod, came back and prepared the fish, opened the doors to his one person fish and chip shop at 11.30 and kept selling going until all his catch was gone, which didn't take long.

The fish was beautiful, no smell and tasted fabulous in crunchy batter. Scores of people sat eating his fish by the harbour and watching the boats coming and going, children searching the rock pools and going fossil hunting on the beach.

Simple pleasures
Yup, fresh like that can’t be beat.:hungry: