What was your dad's aftershave? inspired by Father's Day (USA)

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan

Being it Father's day over here today, it got me thinking about my pop. Memories came rushing back, especially his weekend shaves. The smelltrack was a blend of Old Spice & Skin Bracer. What scent do you associate with your father from childhood?

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
He never wore any - neither for scent or skincare. Still doesn't! I bought him Speick ASL and cream this Christmas; the cream was used but the aftershave remains untouched. The Christmas before was Dior Eau Sauvage EDT - when I was last home it was still in its wrapper!

Despite shaving daily, pa has never shared in my wanton vice for male grooming. I've hooked him up with a few nice pieces - Simpson synthetic, Merkur HD etc. But he perseveres with a manky, threadbare badger brush that he never flicks dry, Wilkinson Sword Blue bowl, and whichever two-blade disposables are on offer. When I think about it, he actually is the traditionalist.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
One that stood out from my memories of my dad was Kouros. He had quite the collection, but Kouros is the one I remember most.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I do not recall any after shave. I have fond memories of your picture and shaving with my father - Gillette TTO & aerosol can.