What is the best shaving advice you have received?

chazt

shave
People offered great advice when I was starting out:
Map your beard.
You should try a cold water shave.
Load more product.
Add water slowly.
Get to know your tools.
Don’t chase the baby.
Use Shea butter during the Winter.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
Best advice that I have had was do not rush in to buying the most expensive and latest product around.

The other piece of advice is 'take your time'. Do not be in a rush to shave. We are all used to doing things against the clock, in a hurry. Shaving is something to be done at your own pace and for your own pleasure, do not try and do sometthing in one minute that can take 10.

If I could offer a single piece of advice, always moisturize, whatever your age, it doesnt have to be a big bucks big name brand, you can get something sorted which will cost around £3/$4 for 100 ml and your skin will thank you for it, in 10 years if not now.
 

RiverMan

Forum GOD!
I think three things for me:

1- face mapping. I hadn't fully appreciated before that 'with the grain' doesn't necessarily mean 'down', especially on the neck.

2- don't chase 100% smooth (BBS?) if it results in irritation.

3- shaving every day can result in less irritation than shaving every other day as there are fewer passes needed due to starting with less growth.
 
Top