What do you learn after being in wet shaving for a while

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
What have I learned?
1) shaving is quite fun, unlike for the first 40 years of my shaving life
2) I have not saved any money
3) it takes a while to learn the properties of various soaps
4) straight razors are particularly enjoyable...and sharp.
5) you don't need expensive products to get a great shave
6) buying too much stuff is bewildering
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
1. Shaving Soap lasts too long
2. Gillette Carts are expensive
3. DE shaving results in a closer shave than Carts
4. You can save money but it takes restraint
5. Don't buy a case of Arko soap sticks. You'll never finish it!
 

Hone

Forum GOD!
Artisan
This thread is excellent, love all the replies. For me:
1) Perfection is a myth (and I hope nobody invents the perfect razor, otherwise sites like this wouldn't need to exist :) )
2) Choice and variety are a luxury, I feel very lucky to have found something that aims to provide choice rather than restricts it. Not many product categories can say that is their aim, they want to lock you into an eco-system
3) A shared common interest with others that isn't based on competition/showing off but about sharing and informing.
 

efsk

Forum GOD!
@Eeyore at what point would that be? I've found out that 'm starting to take an interest in those things I couldn't care less about two years ago. I had one synthetic brush and ten soaps, now I have eight high end badgers, one on its way, and some forty soaps, and waiting for Vreto to end his tour so I can order more. All the while, my focus remains at slants, and I'm still excited when finishing a perfect shave with a straight.
 
Top