chazt
shave
Ugh. It sounds like you had a bad time with a half DE shavette. I’m sorry. You seem genuinely upset by the experience. I tried a Parker 1/2 DE shavette years ago and swore off the genre until a few months ago when I tried the AC variety. It’s totally different. A complete 180°… Have you tried an AC? I found it quite easy to pick up the rudimentary angles, strokes, etc. truly on the very first use. It wasn’t nearly as trepidatious as people claim it to be. Since this starting this grand shaventure (new word!!) I’ve had just two teeny tiny, itsy bitsy red spots that were history after between pass rinsing.I have tried shavette for two months, they’re extremely edgy skinny scraping love-child, NO FRIGGING WAY…
I was looking for a fresh and exciting shaving challenge, and it was all pointing to straight razor shaving. But brother, I just didn’t - and still don’t want to get involved with maintaining more than one straight razor (‘cause you know I don’t do one of anything
). Replaceable AC bladed straight razors filled the gulf of my razor’s edge desires. Big time!I’m spreading the word shave brother. Can I get a hallelujah!?
Speedy, I won’t try to be a pain your hairy butt again. Not intentionally, anyway… If you like your shaves now, keep on keeping on. You’ll just be missing out on all the fun. And we all need to have some fun in our lives, don’t we? Be a fun guy, not a fungi. Let go your pain and angst. We all hold on to it on some level. It’s only human. Remember to hold on to your humor. And please, smile at least six times every day. You’ll feel less cranky.
(waiting for my hallelujah)
