Water

wintoid

Out of control
I'm on holiday at the moment, and the place I'm staying at has (I presume) much softer water than back home. I brought only one soap with me, Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair.

It's a decent soap under normal circumstances, but wow with this soft water, I have never experienced anything like this before. It's got me thinking I really need a water softener back home. My hands and face are literally slippy when I rinse between passes. Amazing!
 

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
The older ones were a bit of a PITA (high salt consumption, frequent topping-up and other problems), but we've recently replaced one (installed 2004) in the in-laws house with a new model, which is many times better. You still need to use the untreated local water supply (whether it be hard, soft or in-between) for the central heating radiator circuit(s), but that's a matter of minor plumbing routing to make sure the radiator filler loop is taken off before the softener.

They're also a lot less bulky and expensive than previously.
 
Top