TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I started to watch the Sky1 drama "Cobra", which has a promising premise (how does the government cope with a prolonged nationwide blackout?) and cast (Robert Carlyle, Richard Dormer). Unfortunately, the show spends a suprisingly huge amount of time on stuff like the PM's chief of staff's love life or the quesion of if and how to cover up the PM's daughter's involvement in her best friend's drug overdose death instead. Yawn.

Switched to the new series of "Father Brown". Jolly good comfort food television which neither overpromises nor underdelivers. :)
I very nearly started this, but read a few few reviews saying similar. Pleased I swerved this.
Money Heist or La Casa de Papel in original. Just went trough 4 episodes, it looks interesting but what I can't imagine how they managed to stretch it for so many episodes.
I got to episode 8/9, and then gave up. Apparently they spend 100 days in there!? No thanks, I'm out.

I also tried The Witcher and after a promising start, gave up on this also. No idea what was going on half the time, people and places with names so ridiculous you have zero chance of knowing who is who and where is where.
:sleep: :sleep:

Koiguchi

That is Trekker, kinda like magazine and clip.

The newer the trek, the further the wrong direction it goes.

There are now to different sets of star trek folks. The original time line (Kirk,Spock,McCoy) VS everything that happened after JJ Abraham's ruined the story forever.

I watched the original ones as they came out. In black and white. I did not know there were red shirts until 1973, was overseas in the Army and saw it in color.

What is out now is pure rubbish.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
That is Trekker, kinda like magazine and clip.

There are now to different sets of star trek folks. The original time line (Kirk,Spock,McCoy) VS everything that happened after JJ Abraham's ruined the story forever.

I watched the original ones as they came out. In black and white. I did not know there were red shirts until 1973, was overseas in the Army and saw it in color.

What is out now is pure rubbish.
You say Trekker, I say Trekkie

owlman

Forum GOD!

That is very true! I grew up with The Next Generation myself, and I have a hard time recognizing the new stuff as Trek at all. Sadly, this kind of includes "Picard" as well; at least I wasn't entirely happy with the premiere story-wise.

I do recommend "The Orville" as a rather faithful keeper of Old Trekness.

Koiguchi

Sorry do not watch homosexuality.
Even George takei said he is NOT with the new trek because Sulu is now out of the closet.
Not about the homosexity, but that Gene Rodenberry refused to have hot social topics in Trek.

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Gene Rodenberry refused to have hot social topics in Trek.
Erm...
Not sure that is 100% correct Didn't Star Trek have one of the first interacial kisses between Kirk and Uhura?
Pretty sure that was a hot social topic in 60's America.

I've seen all the various iterations of Star Trek and I like all of them, even the new films.

Having gay characters in Star Trek is a non issue. Not really sure what the fuss is about.

However, I literally spat my drink out when with ginger one from Discovery said 'fecking Awesome'.

Swearing on a Starship??
I'm sure Kirk would have stepped up to discipline her the dirty bastard.

IMG-20200120-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200120-WA0000.jpg

Last edited: