Trouble At Shaving (help!)

Roger

Noob
Hi, This is my first day to this forum and I’m here because i have found myself in trouble when i shave, basically (as you can see in the attachment), it looks like I’m unshaven, although i took that picture 1 hour after i shaved against the grain, and it feels perfectly smooth to the hand but not in the eye. I am using Gillete Mach 3, (I do apply moisturiser before i shave and i take it slowly and carefully). What am i doing wrong?
Any suggestions or ideas would help a lot!
Thank you
 

Attachments

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Welcome to the forum. If you haven't done so yet, i think you should introduce yourself in the new members section.
It seems to me that you simply have dark and thick growth in your sideburns areas, and less than that elswhere. It also seems that you're young and started shaving not too long ago. Have you considered or tried shaving with a double edge safety razor, just to see if it makes any difference?
 

Roger

Noob
Welcome to the forum. If you haven't done so yet, i think you should introduce yourself in the new members section.
It seems to me that you simply have dark and thick growth in your sideburns areas, and less than that elswhere. It also seems that you're young and started shaving not too long ago. Have you considered or tried shaving with a double edge safety razor, just to see if it makes any difference?
Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply! I think you are right, i should also introduce myself. I haven’t been shaving for long. Can you please recommend such razors? Any good examples you would trust? I have only been using 3 blade ones.
Thank you!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Hi Roger. TBH if you've shaved against the grain and it feels completely smooth I don't think there's anything else you can do. Looking at your picture you have light skin and black hair so even if the stubble is cut below the line of the skin, as multi-blades are designed to do, it'll still be visible. If your beard is denser in the sideburn area that'll be why it looks more noticeable there than anywhere else.

One thing you could try to test, after you've shaved gently run a cotton wool ball along your face against the grain. If it doesn't catch on your stubble you've shaved as close as you're going to get and the shadow is just down to your skin and hair type.
 

adrian ivanovici

Forum GOD!
Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply! I think you are right, i should also introduce myself. I haven’t been shaving for long. Can you please recommend such razors? Any good examples you would trust? I have only been using 3 blade ones.
Thank you!
For a first shaver i would opt for a gentile fatip (closed comb).
It is the safest safety razor i have ever used and the most efficient without risk of cutting yourself.

Some will tell you R89/DE89 is the one to start with. But from my point of view an R89 will easily become insufficient in terms of effectiveness. Plus: Fatip is made of brass and will outlast DE89/R89 zamak.
 
Top