Trade or sell

Wayne

Forum Sod
I was wondering how you prefer to dispose of your unwanted items. Sell or trade?
I’m leaning more towards trade especially for the expensive things like razors. If I sell I have to usually add my own extra to buy something else. If I trade both sides need add nothing and can choose to sell if the still don’t like what they have got in trade so it benefits both parties. I’m thinking of moving on my Pils, as I’ve had most expensive DE’s there isn’t much of interest out there but if I sell I’ll just squander the money and I’m a razor down in the collection. What do you prefer to do?
 

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
But you can also sell and then buy used from the forum to save on your purchase price.

Trades massively limit your potential for moving an item quickly.

My opinion only.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I now research a product, try it if I can and follow reviews of certain members that have a similar preferences to myself. This way the probability I enjoy the product is high. If I don't enjoy it I prefer to sell it on. It is always at a loss, as I've stopped buying products on release. Advantage is I haven't had to sell much of late, nor spend.
 

Dr Watson

James
I always tend to sell and take the inevitable hit which I totted up to total around £100 loss last year, not too bad considering all the products I got to try... I can think of far more expensive hobbies!
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
The other option is to send the products to friends and family. This year I have given away 3 MS brushes along with other products to my close friends (not on ATG) just so that they can appreciate wet shaving and see if it's for them. Actually I have 4 friends with shaving kits at the moment who will be writing about their experiences being new to wet shaving. Should be an interesting read and more of an eye opener.
 
The other option is to send the products to friends and family. This year I have given away 3 MS brushes along with other products to my close friends (not on ATG) just so that they can appreciate wet shaving and see if it's for them. Actually I have 4 friends with shaving kits at the moment who will be writing about their experiences being new to wet shaving. Should be an interesting read and more of an eye opener.
Can I be your close friend please, I’d like a 2 band Maseto in horn lol
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
I have the intention to sell but most of the time never get around to taking the photo's and creating the post. In the end a friend will drop by and show an interest and its found a new home. This may explain why my friends have doubled over the last year to two friends. :rolleyes:
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I have the intention to sell but most of the time never get around to taking the photo's and creating the post. In the end a friend will drop by and show an interest and its found a new home. This may explain why my friends have doubled over the last year to two friends. :rolleyes:
How is my best buddy these days, I must pop round lol
 
Top