The ultimate lavender products? Soap, aftershave, fragrance...

halvor

a most elusive fish
Thanks for responses!

Fragrance: intrigued by Caldey Island @forestfield @bandito. Noting too the description and review by Luca Turin, five stars and best lavender soliflore. Only boggle is that the aftershave is only to be had straight from the monastery, and they do not export alcohol content. Cologne is available from a few other vendors, but they are all out. Plus, postage is more than the actual product... I put in an order for Puig Agua Lavanda simply for price and availability, from eBay. I also have a few others I have been wanting to sample, so a small vial of O&C will be procured from ausliebezumduft. @flashashton27 I hadn't thought of Sartorial - which I enjoy very much but my significant other not so much :( - as lavender forward. Need to spray some on again. Amouage might also go in the order from Germany.

Soap: I have Desmond's Barrow Lavenders coming (various lavenders plus styrax), and will hold out for that before diving into the other (costly?) English brands. Not like I need more soaps anyway...
 

bandito

Ex-Addict
Thanks for responses!

Fragrance: intrigued by Caldey Island @forestfield @bandito. Noting too the description and review by Luca Turin, five stars and best lavender soliflore. Only boggle is that the aftershave is only to be had straight from the monastery, and they do not export alcohol content. Cologne is available from a few other vendors, but they are all out. Plus, postage is more than the actual product... I put in an order for Puig Agua Lavanda simply for price and availability, from eBay. I also have a few others I have been wanting to sample, so a small vial of O&C will be procured from ausliebezumduft. @flashashton27 I hadn't thought of Sartorial - which I enjoy very much but my significant other not so much :( - as lavender forward. Need to spray some on again. Amouage might also go in the order from Germany.

Soap: I have Desmond's Barrow Lavenders coming (various lavenders plus styrax), and will hold out for that before diving into the other (costly?) English brands. Not like I need more soaps anyway...
I'll be interested in your opinion on the O & C - I initially found it lovely but too strong for my liking, but on reflection I think that was over-application. It lasts a good 12 hours on my skin.
 

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Taylor of Old Bond Street :)

Abbreviations and acronyms are handy and economical for those In the know but may have certain exclusionary effects...
Lol. Thanks for the reply. I have been considering trying these TOBS :)
Reading some really good things about them.
 
D

Deleted member 540

Guest
Soap: Saponificio Bignolio Lavanda Balsamica is half the price of the Castle Forbes and in my opinion shaves just as well and has a better post-shave/less drying. It's lavender with hints of pine and eucalyptus.
A/S: Pour Un Homme de Caron aftershave splash.The Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender is very nice also and goes for very little on the Bay, often with free international postage. I belive that Caldey Island do an a/s splash also.
EdT: Pour un Homme for the colder months, and the absolutely wonderful Cella Eau Lavande for the summer
 

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Soap: Saponificio Bignolio Lavanda Balsamica is half the price of the Castle Forbes and in my opinion shaves just as well and has a better post-shave/less drying. It's lavender with hints of pine and eucalyptus.
A/S: Pour Un Homme de Caron aftershave splash.The Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender is very nice also and goes for very little on the Bay, often with free international postage. I belive that Caldey Island do an a/s splash also.
EdT: Pour un Homme for the colder months, and the absolutely wonderful Cella Eau Lavande for the summer
Thanks for sharing.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I was just about to recommend Truefitt&Hill lavender shaving cream, discontinued in the tub, but still available in a tube (I thought), when I checked their website.
The bastards no longer make the shaving cream that smells like something nice from my childhood (no idea what it was - mum hates lavender and wouldn't have any in the house). I have a few grams left in an almost empty tub and will keep it as a nostalgic scent sample.
So, as it stands I'll have to recommend Castle Forbes. Different lavender scent, but an excellent product. Well worth the money, except I like their Lime even more.
As for smellies - I love Cella Eau de Lavande. Just like Cella Colonia Classica, it's so wonderfully down to earth, rough, old fashioned and unpretentious.
 
Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
Haha, that's more or less why I've stayed away from lavender. Until now, that is. Does that mean I am growing into an old lady? Or what do you say Bandita, Countess of Undolpho and Mrs BigMem, to mention but a few?
Depends on the individual wearing it I suppose... It may be an ill informed/prejudiced opinion but I can imagine a "Mediterranean" chap carrying it off with ease but as a lily white blond, lavender just seems an unnatural choice of personal scent.

...Now, where did I put my Tabac? :D

Edit: I've realised Tabac contains lavender (doh!)
 
Top