The ATG member map

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
We seem to have lost the map folks. @Nishy @Rowlers @Dipesh @Nico1970 hi all staff. Any of you have any ideas. @Darkbulb had created the map when it was free but it now requires a subscription once its had over 100 views. We have a lot of members locations stored on there and it was brilliant seeing where everyone was from in relation to yourself.
Not suggesting ATG pay for this just looking for ideas I guess.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Looking at info about zeemaps, it seems they have "locked" the map to prevent you moving the data somewhere else. So we would need to start again with a new map if this is something that you want?
I've found umaps, not sure if it is anygood. So FORGET about about zeemaps, it's finished. Suggestions?

Looking at info about zeemaps, it seems they have "locked" the map to prevent you moving the data somewhere else. So we would need to start again with a new map if this is something that you want?
I've found umaps, not sure if it is anygood. So FORGET about about zeemaps, it's finished. Suggestions?
I’m happy with a new map, I need to see who is my nearest enabler lol

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Blooming bar stewards. The problem also is as its darkbulbs account we can't even sight data rights and request our data back as a CSV or similar doc.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
It seemed to be popular so maybe a new map is the way to go?
I liked to see where my fellow members were from on the map.
What does everyone else think?
P.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
It seemed to be popular so maybe a new map is the way to go?
I liked to see where my fellow members were from on the map.
What does everyone else think?
P.
I agree if the new map account is created by a member of staff and if worse come to worse we can export the data and move on. However do look into how this plays out with GDPR. Members won't be giving their home address but you want a site that is GDPR complaint

sm1h

Forum GOD!
What about using google maps instead? It's a pretty stable solution I think. I went ahead and set up a collaborative map and added a little custom icon as well. Not sure if others can use that? First time trying so not sure how easy it is or if it even works. You can check it out and add your location here; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1buAqF7I9W8DMiUP96CmhtF5PisSSXRHY&usp=sharing

Edit: Tried from a private browser and it doesn't seem to work...

Last edited:
S

Steve Bowles

What about using google maps instead? It's a pretty stable solution I think. I went ahead and set up a collaborative map and added a little custom icon as well. Not sure if others can use that? First time trying so not sure how easy it is or if it even works. You can check it out and add your location here; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1buAqF7I9W8DMiUP96CmhtF5PisSSXRHY&usp=sharing

I've put my moniker on the map. Seems to work just fine.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!

Spot on! I've added myself as well.