Tea ... who likes it?

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I've recently tried proper loose leaf tea and I like it a lot. John Watt in Carlisle has a good selection, their Moroccan Mint (Chinese green gunpowder and African spearmint) is lovely as is Earl Grey Blue Lady. I'm using a stainless infuser that looks like a bucket and sits into a mug so you can brew for one. I can't believe the difference in flavour compared to bags!

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
Hiya,

No offense to any tea drinkers, but it's just so darn insipid compared to a decent cup of coffee. Weak flavor..............no pop to it!

However, not to enable anyone, here's another tea option (slight shudder). Yep, it's bath soap. This comes in different tea scents, as if there's more than one.

Martin

Attachments

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Hiya,

No offense to any tea drinkers, but it's just so darn insipid compared to a decent cup of coffee. Weak flavor..............no pop to it!

However, not to enable anyone, here's another tea option (slight shudder). Yep, it's bath soap. This comes in different tea scents, as if there's more than one.

Martin
Tea isn't coffee. It's not supposed to be like coffee. It's tea. It does it's own thing and has its own characteristics. As a coffee drinker I am looking for something calming when I drink tea. Some tea may be weak, but hardly insipid. And lacking flavor? Nonsense. Lapsong Souchong is full of flavor and aroma. Talk about pop. You don't like tea. That's fine. You don't have to like it. Maybe you should try drinking some of that Red Tea soap.

Vacumatic

Testy
A good cup of tea works wonders, perfect for a sit down chat around the kitchen table or a refreshing cuppa.

Ever noticed how only tea will go with certain foods, for example you really wouldnt want coffee with fish and chips, by contrast I wouldnt want anything but an espresso after ice cream or tiramisu.

My favourite tea is Yorkshire Tea, I know that they have brought out a biscuit blend but cannot find it. Lidl have a good tea called Knightsbridge, at the other end of the price scale, someone bought me a tea caddy and bags from Fortnum and Mason, it was around £15 for 50 bags. TBH it wasnt any better than Yorkshire, useful tea caddy though.

Bettys in Harrogate have their own tea blend, which is good but a little bit odd, not a lot of colour to the brew but plenty of flavour.

Speaking of coffee versus tea, a month ago I had a painter and decorator in for two weeks and he was a tea junkie, a cup of tea every 20 minutes, I must admit I had one at the same time and didnt have any coffee in the time he was here. The first cup of coffee I had after the two weeks was disgusting, my taste for coffee didnt come back for a few days.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Went grocery shopping this afternoon and replenished our stock of Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Gold. Bloody lovely tea; my wife and my mornings would not be the same without it.

R181

Grumpy old man
I know virtually nothing about tea except that I like it strong, I don't want to see the bottom of the cup or mug, and sweet. For me Orange Pekoe Black tea works fine but not any tea just marked Orange Pekoe. I seldom drink tea being a coffee addict.

Bob

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Always drink Yorkshire tea at work ,Once tried coffee at work but struggled with indigestion after ,Strangely I very nearly always drink Coffee at home or out for the day

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I've recently tried camomile and I like it a lot, the Twinings bags are nice but I've just bought some of the Asda own-brand ones and they've got nowhere near the flavour. I'm going to stick two in the next one to see if that helps as it's pleasant enough just really weak.

Think I'm going to buy some of the loose leaf (well, flower!) stuff.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
On herbal, I've been enjoying some of those fruit tisanes. Generally, hibiscus and dried dark fruit which I cold steep in a large jug in the fridge. Kinda like expensive (and very bitter) Ribena :D

R181

Grumpy old man
I've recently tried camomile and I like it a lot, the Twinings bags are nice but I've just bought some of the Asda own-brand ones and they've got nowhere near the flavour. I'm going to stick two in the next one to see if that helps as it's pleasant enough just really weak.

Think I'm going to buy some of the loose leaf (well, flower!) stuff.
That brought back memories from when I was a kid. My Mom used to give me that if I was ill to settle the stomach. Haven't had any in decades.

Bob

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I'd love to drink tea, but I'm strictly decaf. Decaf tea is garbage. Decaf coffee is fine if you grind good beans. I have a very good grinder.