Tales from the Crypt - BST Horror Stories

S

Steve Bowles

Guest
Or, you can realize beforehand that any item you send to, or receive from, another country is going to be a gamble. I once had a box of cigars from Costa Rica that spent over a month tied-up with British customs. Mendacious governments care only for the tax they can squeeze from their citizens.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Or, you can realize beforehand that any item you send to, or receive from, another country is going to be a gamble. I once had a box of cigars from Costa Rica that spent over a month tied-up with British customs. Mendacious governments care only for the tax they can squeeze from their citizens.
Yes, customs can hold up an item and cause very extended delivery times. OTH customs has not much to do with an item that has tracking from a postal service attached. Tracked incoming items should still show something like "received and sent to customs for clearance" and the "cleared customs and sent on to destination".

Bob
 

Keto

Forum GOD!
Well I sold a gives to a guy actually through eBay and then found him on another shaving forum after the eBay sale. Well I sent it from the USA to the USA United State postal service with the tracking number. Two tracking numbers showed it was delivered at the mailbox but he said he never got it.he talked to several people at different times on the phone and that is local post office but he got different stories. One story was it was actually left in front of his garage. So the Gibbs was missing but I had done my part as a seller. After like a month it showed up in his mailbox, praise God we were both relieved and he liked his Gibbs razor.
 
Top