Super and Uber lathering

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Dipesh introduced me to the super lather (cream & soap) concept a few years ago and it wasn’t until recently that I started to try out some uber lathers (cream, soap & glycerin).

I’m not sure that I’ll necessarily return to just using a single product (apart from XPEC, MdC and Fitjar Cream) as the recent uber lather results have been so good.

I’m, therefore, curious as to how many people regularly super and/or uber lather these days?







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Preacher

Über Member
I used to when I first started, but now I don't. I had to take the time to learn how to lather. Once I did that (and started using good soaps), I didn't really find any reason to do so. I don't knock those who uber lather, just found that I didn't really need to do it.
 

Dr Watson

James
I did add some Cyril Salter French vetiver cream to P&B Whitechapel soap... The resulting scent was something befitting the artwork! Darker, funkier, sweeter. Can't say I would bother from a performance POV but mixing scents can be fun.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have done super lathers with cream and soap on many occasions, although I haven't done that in the past several months. While performance is the most important aspect of any soap or cream for me, scent is right up there in importance as well. I find that when I mix scents, it tends to get lost.
 

Conservator

Forum GOD!
I did Uberlather for a long time but that was when I bowl lathered. Now that I face lather, I usually use one product. However, I do go back every once in a while and still love it.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
My uberlather was motivated by the fact that the Van Yulay sample was winding down and I wasn't sure I could load the brush enough with it and thought that the TOBS would go nicely with it. Interestingly, I don't really like either scent all that much. Each is underwhelming. But together I actually enjoyed the scent. Which means I'm still searching for my slam dunk lime scented cream or soap. I'm about to pull the trigger on Castle Forbes Lime on Amazon. The price is awesome.
 
Top