Stropping disposable blades..?

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
I'm a one n done guy when it comes to DE blades but for the last month I've been using the Greager copy of the Feather injector kamisori almost exclusively.

The pro blades I used were some years old, and a little harsh. I've been experimenting with stropping them a little. Not only did the edge look "tighter", less bumpy and more polished under magnification, the shave was smoother and I got 6 comfortable shaves per blade, a bit of a record for me.

I have various stropping contraptions, and use the old carbon blades with GEM style SEs (ideally, I'd like to use carbon blades with this injector, but hei-ho)

Anyone other DE / SE / INJTR / ETC stropping stories or techniques..?
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'm a one n done guy when it comes to DE blades but for the last month I've been using the Greager copy of the Feather injector kamisori almost exclusively.

The pro blades I used were some years old, and a little harsh. I've been experimenting with stropping them a little. Not only did the edge look "tighter", less bumpy and more polished under magnification, the shave was smoother and I got 6 comfortable shaves per blade, a bit of a record for me.

I have various stropping contraptions, and use the old carbon blades with GEM style SEs (ideally, I'd like to use carbon blades with this injector, but hei-ho)

Anyone other DE / SE / INJTR / ETC stropping stories or techniques..?
Would love to hear what various stropping contraptions you used on the pro blades and did you strop while loaded in the Greager or unloaded in hand?
 

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Would love to hear what various stropping contraptions you used on the pro blades and did you strop while loaded in the Greager or unloaded in hand?
I'll show some pics of the contraptions - I stropped it while it was in the Greager, on a hanging strop and on my palm & forearm.
 

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I'm a fan of denim stropping, but less to extend the life and more for the feel. (I'm looking at you Feathers!)
 
Top