Straight Of The Day

Estariol

Forum GOD!
@JD55
I'm just curious, how would you compare the 3/8 in use against bigger razors, like 5/8 and 6/8?
I know it has to shave great if it has a good edge, but i'd like your impressions about the weight difference, ease (or lack of it) of use, etc. comared to bigger specimens.

JD55

Guru
@JD55
I'm just curious, how would you compare the 3/8 in use against bigger razors, like 5/8 and 6/8?
I know it has to shave great if it has a good edge, but i'd like your impressions about the weight difference, ease (or lack of it) of use, etc. comared to bigger specimens.
I like a 6/8 best probably but one can adjust quickly with something sharp and be off to the races. I think for shaving under the nose is probably when the little guys earn their keep.

I've managed to acquire some razors that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise because they came with a razor lot purchase. A good shave can be had with any of them though. With all of that said.. A big Sheffield wedge is a noticeable difference in weight and plows hair out of the way with little effort. 😁👍

Estariol

Forum GOD!
I like a 6/8 best probably but one can adjust quickly with something sharp and be off to the races. I think for shaving under the nose is probably when the little guys earn their keep.

I've managed to acquire some razors that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise because they came with a razor lot purchase. A good shave can be had with any of them though. With all of that said.. A big Sheffield wedge is a noticeable difference in weight and plows hair out of the way with little effort. 😁👍
Good info, thanks! :cheers:

sanookd

Forum GOD!
W.R Case & Son Little Valley 5/8 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Acqua Di Parma Shave Cream
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Dr.Jon’s Lemongrass & Geranium Splash
Helan Vetiver & Rum Balm
Elite Razor 24mm Silvertip Brush Amboyna Burl Handle
IMG_8912.jpeg
IMG_8914.jpeg