Spring/Summer Cuts!

Steinmetzify

Legendary Member
Off today and organized some stuff....you know what that means. SPRING/SUMMER CUT TIME!

I have seriously limited room and can't have all this stuff in the cabinet. It messes with my admittedly minor OCD but still, it messes with it. ON WITH THE PICS:

Spring summer stuff that made the cut:



After almost two (?! really?) years of doing this I know what works in the summer for me...I work outside, it's the desert and it gets brutally hot. This stuff cools me off after a shower/shave every day after work.

Brushes that made it:



L to R:

Turn N Shave....this thing is just a beast.....kind of crispy when dry but super soft gel tips when wet. Got this in a trade a year ago and it's awesome.
Envy boar: This thing showed up as a Christmas present....was like a ROCK when I got it but I did the fridge treatment on it and it's one of my favorite brushes now, plus they don't stay warm like badgers do, so I'm stoked to try the boars for summer shaves as this is the first year I've used them.
OG Grizzly Bay....this was my 1st artisan brush and it's always in the rotation just because it's uber soft and broken in really well, plus the handle shape rules.
Newer TDR v4 Fanchurian....I do a lot of blue colored shaves and this thing just looks awesome; not too set on the v4 but it's coming along and I think it'll end up great.
Lowborn Supply with an Envy White for that uber soft badger day.
Turn N Shave boar....again, this is a great handle shape and it'll be nice to switch out boars for super hot days using Terror.

The box of stuff that didn't make the cut:



For reference, that box is about 2 feet long, a foot wide and a foot deep. There's a LOT of stuff in there, which is why I had to make the cut, there's just no room in the cabinet. This stuff goes in the back of my closet for the good weather, and comes back out like winter clothes.

What are you guys cutting, if anything?
 

Steinmetzify

Legendary Member
Shave guru buddy that got me into this just texted me; he did his summer cut yesterday and he has TEN boxes the size of mine full of fall/winter scents. HOLY CRAP AND STUFF
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Ahhh the box of shame.i notice you're putting away a soap called Summer though? I'd have thought that would be the first one saved!
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I did something similar when we moved house 3 years ago, I still have 3 boxes of shaving goods in the attic, similar size to yours. Recently (about 6 mo the ago) I brought down a box to look for a cream. It was like Christmas all over again :)

However, I only used two or three samples and one aftershave. Look forward to reducing the collection and opening another box in the future.
 

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Lovely to see this diligence and planning. Thank you for sharing.

Great to see TOBS Grapefruit made the cut. One of my summer favourites also.
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I am happy to say I don't have any soap in the box. I rotate everything I own, I do use some soaps more in the summer.
I do have limited space and at the moment it is full and will have some soaps incoming this month so I'm f***ed :D

That said, you need some Stirlings, like margaritas in the artics which is my summer favorite or iced pineapple - see you like aventus, this one is cooold aventus
 

Steinmetzify

Legendary Member
I am happy to say I don't have any soap in the box. I rotate everything I own, I do use some soaps more in the summer.
I do have limited space and at the moment it is full and will have some soaps incoming this month so I'm f***ed :D

That said, you need some Stirlings, like margaritas in the artics which is my summer favorite or iced pineapple - see you like aventus, this one is cooold aventus
Got a bunch of Stirling, Executive Man among them and used that last summer; DG Sellout took that one’s place as I like the scent better and it’s a better performer for me.

For cold, nothing beats Terror for me, the combo of the soap and AS lasts for quite a few hours for me, and I can’t give that up.

I have a local shave store that stocks Stirling and they have literally everything they sell, I’ll check out Iced Pineapple next time I’m in there, thanks for the rec!
 
Top