SOTD: Saturday 3 October to Friday 9 October 2026

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD: 3rd October 2026.

sat.jpg

​
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ BULLDOG Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Traditional Bar Soap with Coal Tar Fragrance.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Tub to Face & head Lather.
Lather: Grated Arko Shave Sticks.
Blade: AccuTec Pro Single Edge.(D1)
Razor: GEM Micromatic.(OC) 1930
Razor: Gillette Guard.(Head/Dome) (D1)

Post:
Cold water face & head rinse./Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+ Witch Hazel./ Brut Original ASL./ Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....As it's been quite some time since I last used a single edge and forgot how much audio feedback you get from them. The rigidity of single edge blade makes them feel sharp & efficient.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since I last added the Gem Micromatic (OC) to my razor rotation.

The Micromatic SE (OC) is the most aggressive/assertive razor that I have in my humble collection. I have read in many shaving forums that the shaving characteristics you get from the GEM Micromatic (OC) replicates that of a traditional straight razor.

As with any razor shaving confidence, a light touch, & good technique are the key to a comfortable close shave especially the Gem Micromatic (OC)….A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...what has pleasantly surprised me is that I had an "error free" face shave with the Gem Micromatic OC with no "Japanese flags" making an appearance through the lather whilst shaving, I will continue with the GEM Micromatic OC for the rest of my shaving week to familiarise myself to it again after the long hiatus of not adding it to my razor rotation.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎
 
Top