SOTD: Saturday 26 September to Friday 2 October 2026

Razor: Atelier Durdan Rasoir Horizon, Matière Inox 316l l Finition Poli Doux
​
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (yellow) Blade, #6

Shaving Brush: RasurKult “V.I.T.R.I.O.L.” - Manzanita / Hybrid, 25mm 3-band Private Selection badger hair, fan-shaped

Shaving soap / shaving cream: RazoRock For Chicago Italian Shaving Soap

After-shave lotion / splash: Myrsol Agua De Limón Regeneradora de la Capa Natural Ácida de la Epidermis del Cutis y de la Piel en General

After-Shave Balm: Lacura Men After Shave Balsam ohne Alkohol, regeneriert & pflegt nach der Rasur

Booster: Ethos Grooming Essentials Skin Care Collection Derma Boost Rejuvenating Elixir

Eau de Toilette: D&P Parfumum C15, a fragrance similar to VIP211 Men by Caroline Herreira

PenultimateFullSizeRender.jpeg
PenultimateFullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_4902.jpeg
 

Johnny Bravo

Love Guru to the stars.
20260930_131113(1).jpg

30 September 2026
Overall Rating: ★★★★☆ (Great Shave)
Smoothness: ★★★★☆ (Very Smooth)
Irritation: ★☆☆☆☆ (Zero Burn)

Time of Day: Afternoon 🌤
Blade Uses: 1
Passes: 2

Razor: Karve Glacier Bison
Blade: Cloud Bruce Lee
Soap: Executive Shaving Fresh Mint cream
Shaving Bowl: Captains Choice Obsidian Copper
Brush: Highlander Blue G5C fan
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male
Other Product: Executive shaving Fresh Mint balm

Notes: I attended a funeral today so I wanted a razor I could trust not to.leave me with any red patches or nics.
The Glacier Bison is always my goto razor for this task and it gave me a lovely issue free shave.
10/10

Walking Sunset GIF by Far Cry 6
 

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
30/09/26
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Monsavon Bol à Raser
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's E45 / Argan oil Sandalwood and Jasmine Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Original
Wk 40 (5).jpg

The Monsavon Au lait soap is another one the cheaper bits of kit that does not seem to get a lot of love, i have to be honest, it is as good as anything in the den, very easy to lather with a nice citrus / lavender scent which can pair with just about anything.
I had a wonderful slick, cushioning lather and completed 2 passes with some touch up for an easy BBS finish.
I did enjoy that.
Enjoy your day all.
 
Top