SOTD Saturday 19th May - Friday 25th May 2018

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
SOTD - Friday 25 May 2018

• Straight Razor: Koraat - 7/8 Amboina Burl
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts - 24mm Fallout (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Wholly Kaw - Tempest
  • After-Shave: Wholly Kaw - Tempest

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Mistakenly posted elsewhere to!
Vreto Pine & Menthol
B400 Finest
General on Custom Bulldog
Feather Pro Super (4)
Aqua Velva AS
Issey Blue EdT

I tell you what, the General can shave with the best of them! Silky smooth..

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Friday 25th May 2018
SOTD 25 May.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Proraso white
Razor: iKon 104 "Tech"
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#6)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Bowl: Korium
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 Phase

@Wayne I had already planned to use the 104 today before I read your post yesterday asking about the iKon tech. As I said in reply treat this one with respect and the result is a close shave. I managed one tiny weeper on today's shave, and I could feel a warm tingling glow on my face for about 1/2 hour post shave but it soon faded. This was I suspect down to the close shave (and possibly too much pressure on my part, I keep meaning to try a lighter handle with this head) as I have been using the same soap and post shave (mostly) for the past week and today was the first day there was any post shave feel.

halvor

a most elusive fish

Now this was nice!! After a long day mostly spent outdoors, including a two hour bike ride on the coastal path, picked up my daughter from kindy, fetched the bike trailer and went to have a dip in the ocean the two of us, home to fire up the barbie, eat, clean the bike, get the little one to bed, and finally! I could have a shave. Picked up the Soapy Science soap from the mailbox this morning and had to give it a whirl today. Fabulous scent. A first hit of winterfresh spearmint is mellowed by a barbershop vibe, and then comes a smooth vetiver full frontal balanced by grapefruit, akin to Elie Saab’s Essences no 6 Vetiver.

Smashing, especially on an upwards to 30 degrees kind of day like this. Lather on skin and post shave feel absolutely top notch, but I didn’t nail the load/water ratio and found it on first use neither protective nor slippery enough. The Lvl3 plate requires exceptional lather and is thus a good yardstick. Finished with a squirt of Manuel’s balm in the Tierra Humeda scent, then a splash of Spanish Aqua Velva. Brush was a Maseto knot in APShave handle, blade a Nacet (2).

Last edited:

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!

Now this was nice!! After a long day mostly spent outdoors, including a two hour bike ride on the coastal path, picked up my daughter from kindy, fetched the bike trailer and went to have a dip in the ocean the two of us, home to fire up the barbie, eat, clean the bike, get the little one to bed, and finally! I could have a shave. Picked up the Soapy Science soap from the mailbox this morning and had to give it a whirl straight away. Fabulous scent. A first hit of winterfresh spearmint is mellowed by a barbershop vibe, and then comes a smooth vetiver full frontal balanced by grapefruit, akin to Elie Saab’s Essences no 6 Vetiver.

Smashing, especially on an upwards to 30 degrees kind of day like this. Lather on skin and post shave feel absolutely top notch, but I didn’t nail the load/water ratio and found it on first use neither protective nor slippery enough. The Lvl3 plate requires exceptional lather and is thus a good yardstick. Finished with a squirt of Manuel’s balm in the Tierra Humeda scent, then a splash of Spanish Aqua Velva. Brush was a Maseto knot in APShave handle, blade a Nacet (2).
Beautiful photo! :)

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!

RR Gamechanger & Parker Blade #1
Zenith 24mm Silvertip
WSP Ol’ Kentucky Formula T
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Nivea Sensitive Cooling A/S lotion
Clubman Reserve Gent’s Gin A/S splash

64C660FF-D106-4B70-B183-43F083E967AA.jpeg

A nice 2 pass shave with a first time use of a Parker blade. Not bad at all as it was plenty sharp while feeling smooth and forgiving. The soap & aftershaves both combined to cool and refresh on a mildly hot day giving a fresh citrusy scent and vibe. Good start to the weekend. Have a great evening and shaves Gents.... :cheers: