SOTD Saturday 16th June - Friday 22nd June 2018

Barry1963

Easily Led
Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic
PAL Injecto-matic
Proline (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber)
Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave

The Mrs is out for the day, four World Cup matches, the 2nd ODI versus Australia, and Penelope Cruz popping round to prepare me lunch. Ok, the last one is not a definite, but still a pretty good day ahead. Oh and the shave was top notch too. Have a great weekend gents.
 

Acer89

James
SOTD 16th June
Martin de Candre Rose (sample)
Shavemac Coral 2-band
Karve C plate
Voskhod #1
DSC_1289ab.jpg
​

Well this was a great shave day!

Firstly, big thanks to James @Seamus1981 for the loan of the Karve plus the generous sample of the MDC Rose :thumbsup:

I've read many good reviews and as expected the Karve performed brilliantly. The C plate was ideal for mowing down 24hrs growth of my medium dense stubble. The finish on the Karve is very good indeed. Although I usually prefer shiny bling I actually like the satin brass finish. It's also impressive that Karve offer so many different plate options.

Despite the C plate having a blade gap of 0.85mm I never found it overly aggressive. Bang on medium IMO.
Karve_Shaving_Co._-_2018-06-16_10.48.00.jpg



I traded my D01 Shavemac for the coral 2-band and I absolutely love it!

Did I mention this was a great shave day? .... I'm so chuffed!
:dance::woot::dance:


 
Last edited:

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Saturday morning shave:

Pre.: Hot water rinse, coconut oil, Proraso green pre-shave cream
Brush: 30mm Tuxedo knot on a Shavemac 82 renaissance handle
Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia
Razor: iKon B1 Standard Bar on an iKon DLC bamboo handle
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2nd use)
Post.: Hot water rinse, alum, cold water rinse, 444 gel, Myrsol Emulsion, Myrsol "Formula C." AS, Tom Ford "Grey Vetiver" EdP

Good shave with the iKon B1 Standard Bar, more aggressive, more blade feel than the Wolfman .86, but not in an unpleasant way. :happy:


Wishing all a sunny and delightful Saturday! :okay:
 

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: WDC-8, Maseto 24mm 2BF
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Ambassador (on loan)
Blade: Astra SP
Post: Cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood ASB
IMG_20180616_102157.jpg

First of all many thanks to @Blackmass for lending me this beautiful razor, cheers Rob.
I've been itching to try this razor ever since reading the head was based on my favourite adjustable DE, the Gibbs.
At first glance the Ambassador looks very similar to the Gibbs but on further inspection the head is larger with a thicker SB. The handle is about a centimetre longer and it comes in 40g heavier.
My last shave was about 18hrs ago, so not a great test for its efficiency but a good test for its smoothness and I found it quite smooth for a first shave.
It's rather heavy for such a compact razor and gravity alone provides more than enough pressure.
As with most razors new to me I use an alum block afterwards and there was a bit of sting, I'll put that down to the weight and my inexperience with the Ambassador.
All in all I'm pretty impressed and not just with its looks.
Have a great weekend everyone.
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Saturday 16th June

RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave
Vitos Tobacco Shaving Cream
Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Feather AC SS with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Vitos Tobacco AS
Golden Sands PO

Being a sucker for presentation I have ignored the ugly large bladder that is Vitos Tobacco Shaving Cream.......my mistake. The scent was absolutely glorious! I thoroughly enjoyed this shave...finishing it off with the matching Aftershave and a few drops of Golden Sands Perfume Oil.
Two passes and a touch up for a superb shave :)
 
Top