SOTD: Saturday 10 October - Friday 16 October 2026

Randy

Forum GOD!
1000017842.jpg

HAGS Seabeast (Hathor base)
Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T3
The Goodfellas Smile Impero
Gillette Rubie
Floid Black ❤

Very slick soap base, didn't overload this time. The lather texture was just good, nothing spectacular, took some water as well. Few soaps provide magnificent to the eye lather with 30 seconds of loading.

While some will say that HAGS sells labels instead of great soap, I had a very nice 3 pass with very little irritation. Slickness was the highlight as I said. Protection was there too. Nothing impressive.

This one is the first Hathor Base he created back in 2023 November.


In my shaving books, Cortex is his best work so far. As every soap, needs some kind of overloading to give all its properties.

The price range is fair except Cortex (27€), although there are better soaps with the same price. Would I buy more HAGS? I believe no, except if there was a big discount in the future. Definitely a better soap than Stirling but pricier too. Nowhere near Ultima/K2e or Omnibus or Orion though.

Great post shave feel. The splash is amazing although discontinued. 8€ back then in 2018. Wow.

The brush is good enough for 30€ I got it. Nowhere near Silksmoke though. Short, slippery handle.
​
 
Last edited:

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
10/10/26
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Rockwell SETPOINT #3
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's E45 / Argan oil Sandalwood and Jasmine Balm
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 42 (1).jpg

I was really looking forward to using the new SETPOINT. It feels great in the hand and very well made. The settings dial runs smoothly and solidly. Today i set it at #3 as this is a nice plate to use for me on the 6S. The blade is clamped very securely and it looks as the the full clamping section moves as the SB stays solid with the gap changing to correspond to the setting. There is no need to back of the blade tension to do this. i have also notice on both sides of the head there are 6 lines which i assume are indicators of the setting numbers. The tension rod is held in place by a "C Spring" which allows it to be removed with a gentle pull to allow access inside the handle. To replace it you just need to nip the clip and push it back in. I have not had a good look to see if the dial part can be dismantled.
To the shave, a typically fantastic lather from the Alpha / Signature soaps pairing. From the 1st stroke the razor felt super comfortable and the rinse off revealed that it had done a very good job, i completed 2 passes with some touch up around the Adams apple for a very nice BBS finish.
I will be using this razor for most of the week trying different settings, today it felt a bit smoother than the plate 3 of the 6S but just as efficient.
I do believe it will become a favourite of mine.
Enjoy your day all.
 

chazt

shave
Saturday October 10, 2026

Second shave with the Woody and a Proline. I wasn’t careless, but what with my improving technique and a bit of hubris thrown in for good measure, I definitely went too fast. Today was not as close on my neck as last time. I must remember to stretch my skin with more determination. Always learning! 8.5/10.
IMG_2386.jpeg

This was my fourth shave with Antica Barberia Mondial Original Talc shave cream, aka ABMOGT. I’ve been trying to dial in the product to water ratio. Love the scent! The cream as a shave tool is just so, so at best. Much to my chagrin it’s not particularly slick or protective. It dries quickly mid pass even with considerable hydration. Definitely a one time purchase.
 

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
Oct 10, 2026

Prep: Hot water
Razor: Blackbird Ti
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Hearth & Altar: Barren Earth
Post: Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
+ Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post Shave Salve
Fragrance: Targhee Forest by Rogue Perfumery




Oct 12, 2026

Prep: Hot water
Razor: Kampfe 1.20 Ti
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated
Brush: Simpsons Berkeley 46 Best ('The Berkeley’)
Soap: Lather & Wood Shaving Co: Bay Rum
Post: Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
+ Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post Shave Salve
Fragrance: Moustache Original 1949 by Rochas



Oct 14, 2026

Prep: Hot water
Razor: Five Pointed Star Benten 202
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: First Canadian Shave: Staggering Stallion
Post: Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
+ Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post Shave Salve
Fragrance: Oud for Greatness Neo by Initio Parfums Prives

 

Johnny Bravo

Love Guru to the stars.
file_00000000938482109f4a39855ab15319.png

10 October 2026
Overall Rating: ★★★★★ (Epic Shave!)
Smoothness: ★★★★★ (BBS Perfection)
Irritation: ★☆☆☆☆ (Zero Burn)

Time of Day: Evening 🌙
Blade Uses: 2
Passes: 2

Razor: Above The Tie S1 Slant Slant SB
Blade: Amazon Stainless Steel
Additional Pair 1: Leaf Leaf + Dorco Prime
Soap: Executive Shaving Fresh Mint cream
Shaving Bowl: Captains Choice Obsidian Copper
Brush: Rad Dinosaur Orion Manchurian badger.
Other Product: Executive shaving Fresh Mint balm
 

Randy

Forum GOD!
Saturday October 10, 2026

Second shave with the Woody and a Proline. I wasn’t careless, but what with my improving technique and a bit of hubris thrown in for good measure, I definitely went too fast. Today was not as close on my neck as last time. I must remember to stretch my skin with more determination. Always learning! 8.5/10.
View attachment 183876
This was my fourth shave with Antica Barberia Mondial Original Talc shave cream, aka ABMOGT. I’ve been trying to dial in the product to water ratio. Love the scent! The cream as a shave tool is just so, so at best. Much to my chagrin it’s not particularly slick or protective. It dries quickly mid pass even with considerable hydration. Definitely a one time purchase.
Time to pull out your ol' trusty Nivea master Charlie..
But I told you to use to use only Ethos F Base
 
Top