SOTD: Saturday 04 December - 10 December 2021

R181

Grumpy old man
How do you like the handle so far?
I've only used it once so I'll know a little better after using it all this week. Initial impression is that it is well made with grippy well cut knurling. It is a heavy handle and a thick diameter which I like. It is also on the short end of the handle length scale which is not a drawback for me as I do not like handles that are too long.

Bob

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 4th December 2021.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Le Père Lucien Fougere.(Sample)
Blade: Derby Usta. (D1)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89.(Kelvin)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..

After a month of using the Parker 98r... For the rest of December i intend to use hardware & software that i have infrequently used over the last year....Starting with the Edwin Jagger DE 89...It's been a while since i last used the LPL Fougere soap which is a French 100% vegan soap to be honest this vegan soap is absolutely amazing, i only used a small amount but it produced enough lather for the full shave without going back to the sample tub to add more. The slickness is fantastic, as is the fragrance protection & the post shave feel.

The razor & blade duo was absolutely fantastic....Super smooth and efficient...I wasn't sure if the Derby Usta would pair together with DE 89, How wrong i was. They paired together excellently...Wow!

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co. Cx-316L .68
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Brush: Chisel & Hound Patina / AP Shave Co. G5A SHD
Pre: Clinique For Men Scrub
Lather: House Of Mammoth Hygge
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Sartorial

SOTD Nailed!