so bored...

p.b

Forum GOD!
1589115536094.png


From top left:
PAL Injector - 25g (with a blade in) My lightweight champion (actually 24.8 with a blade in)
TNNSER - 25g (actually 25.2 hence why it's after the Injector and it's not a dead-heat)
Lady Eversharp - 33g
Straight - 33g
Karve Aluminium with the 3.5" handle (yes they really do exist) - 35g
Father AC SS model (sans blade) - 44g
Colonial General V1 Aluminium head with a Stork 90mm titianium handle - 62g

Middle row:
Micromatic GEM Clug-Pruf - 64g
Micromatic GEM Open Comb - 65g
Blade blade Core - 67g
Fattip open comb grande - 68g
Wolfman Guerrilla steel head with a Stork 85mm titanium handle - 68g
Micromatic GEM Bullet tip - 71g
Muehle R41 - 75g

Bottom row:
Blackland Vector - 77g
Blackland Sabre (this handle has been hollowed out to reduce it weight with a 7mm bore) - 84g
Blackland Blackbird - 95g
Cobra Classic - 96g
Merkur Mergress with Bronze tip - 105g
HIRAM Commander - 112g

I've tried many, many more razor than shown here but these are the ones that have survived frequent culls - there are no tourists in my den. Only the Mergress and HIRAM are above 100g, the Mergress because I love the Progress but dislike it's head-heavy balance and this mod balances it out, even if it is at the expense of overall weight. The HIRAM isn't a razor I enjoy like my other razors as I find it too big, thankfully it's not at all head-heavy. It does give a great finish every time and, now I've sorted out the manufacturing flaws, it is a great razor.

In summary I seem to like 60-80g razors. However, my favorite DE is the Blackbird, DESPITE it's weight. I'm really hoping the titanium one is sooo expensive it simply isn't a viable purchase.

Now I've got to find something else to do...
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
The real question here is where do you hide the rest Paul?? 😆
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Love it!

How much weight did the hollowing out of the Sabre shave off, Paul?
A standard Sabre is 111g according to the Blackland website, of which the head is 33. So the original handle was 78 and my modified one is 51 so I reduced the weight by about 1/3. I was concerned I'd make it head heavy and it did shift the balance point (from memory) about 3-5mm up the handle but it still feels balanced to me (just about)
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
You need a hobby. :D
Today I washed and polished my car (main reason was it had bird poo on the paintwork and my aunt is buying it from me at the end of the lease so I want to keep it nice).

However, where I live are two peacocks and at present they are on heat and likely to attack other males to defend their breeding ground. I've been warned that if the car is shiny enough to see their reflection they attack it. Consequently I washed and polished it and then drove it along an unmade road to making it dusty again.

At least it wasn't a wasted afternoon: I weighed my razors washed and dusted up my car (and had a nice shave). I still have loads of filing to do but I want to get the more important tasks resolved first. Must reread War & Peace.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Oh yeah - I have some of those BIC metals - great razors, but you have me beaten on the heavy weight Andreas. Anyone got a higher bid than 177g?
On the lower side, if I exclude carts, I can still go as low as

Merkur 45 - 14.6g

I'm sure @efsk can go lower than that with some bakelite slants.
 
Top