Smell-a-Like Shaving Soaps & Creams List

Can't say with any certainty as I've not tried the Razorock but the artwork is a direct rip off of Guerlain Santal Royale.
Cheers, James...yeah it says on the website the scent is based on a shaving soap from a great British "shaving house" ? No idea who it could be but I haven't tried it either...
 

Dr Watson

James
Cheers, James...yeah it says on the website the scent is based on a shaving soap from a great British "shaving house" ? No idea who it could be but I haven't tried it either...
From what I can find (mostly on B&B) it's either based on Floris Santal or Creed Royal Santal, the latter being French but apart from that the shoe fits.... Smells of "old women" and a "department store perfume counter" apparently which I can well believe as that's the exact vibe I get from RR Tuscan Oud:giggle:
 
From what I can find (mostly on B&B) it's either based on Floris Santal or Creed Royal Santal, the latter being French but apart from that the shoe fits.... Smells of "old women" and a "department store perfume counter" apparently which I can well believe as that's the exact vibe I get from RR Tuscan Oud:giggle:
Nice, James..thanks for that.. I think you could be bang on the money !:thumbsup:
 

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
A&E/The Club do some great takes on scents I have a few and he is always adding.
Here are some of the A&E / The Club inspirations.

A&E Spartacus - Creed Aventus
A&E Vanille de Tabac - Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
The Club Club Baccara - Maison Francis Kurkjian Baccarat Rouge 540
A&E St. Barts - Creed Virgin Island Water
A&E Grecian Horse - Marly de Parfums Pegasus for Men
The Club Bad Habits - Guerlain Habit Rouge
The Club The Novelist - Histoires de Parfum 1899

Off the top of my head, couple of more:

Declaration Grooming Sellout - Creed Aventus
Noble Otter 24KT - Versace Eros
Lisa's Natural Irish Green Tweed - Creed Green Irish Tweed
Mystic Waters Irish Traveller - Creed Green Irish Tweed
 

Dr Watson

James
I can't believe I started this thread so many years ago. Any more additions chaps?
Well, I received a gratis tub of Razorock Black Label from Shaving Station about 5 minutes ago and one sniff tells me it's a Drakkar Noir clone... Apart from that I've not been following such things so I've nothing to add :happy:
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
This is a fun thread.
I can’t think of any to add thou.
Well?
Does anyone else think T&S Rainforest II hits the same notes as Kenzo Pour Homme?
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Well, I received a gratis tub of Razorock Black Label from Shaving Station about 5 minutes ago and one sniff tells me it's a Drakkar Noir clone... Apart from that I've not been following such things so I've nothing to add :happy:
I think they have pretty much covered the popular mainstream fragrances – high and low priced – and I don't see any exploration into real niche stuff ... please do correct me somebody if I'm wrong! How interesting it would be for a collaboration between a soap maker and Comme des Garçons or Etat Libre d'Orange. Not enough money in it for the fragrance house though I think. :happy:
 
Top