Set up for my son

chinski

Forum GOD!
My son will be 14 in late July. I have already supervised a moustache shave. He's keen to wet shave weren't we all at his age.

I thought it would be nice for him to have a razor for his birthday.

He used my Oneblade for his shave. I'd like to give him a quality razor that's easy to use

Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
My son will be 14 in late July. I have already supervised a moustache shave. He's keen to wet shave weren't we all at his age.

I thought it would be nice for him to have a razor for his birthday.

He used my Oneblade for his shave. I'd like to give him a quality razor that's easy to use

Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
Buy another Cx 316L from Carbon Shaving Co while the Fathers Day deal is still on. :) P.
 

celestino

Forum GOD!
Feather AS-D2. It is very mild and will last him his lifetime, and more.
If you are looking at a less expensive option, than the Feather Popular is very simplistic model and quite mild.
Both are good options for a beginner.
Good luck.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I'd suggest something like a tech, DE89 or a Rockwell 2C/6C. All are relatively cheap and mild razors suitable for a beginner.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
My son is now 16 so he's been shaving for about a year and a half, maybe two. I started him out with a Mach 3 just so he could get the feel of shaving and after a couple shaves with that I gave him a vintage Gillette Tech with a ball end handle. I followed that by buying him a Razorock Old Type. I then gave him a vintage Gillette Old Type with the ball end handle and then gave him a Schone Open Comb. I think he's been using the vintage Old Type mostly. He didn't ask for all those razors. That's on me. He's told me he doesn't want to turn into me going crazy with buying shaving gear. He uses a tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond shave cream. He also has a can of Gillette Barbershop Fresh Mousse which he uses when he's in a rush or when he went away to summer camp. He has one brush, a Razorock Bruce. And he bowl lathers, using a couple ceramic bowls that I handed down to him. And he uses some Thayer's lemon scented witch hazel. He doesn't like aftershave. Since he doesn't like having too much "stuff" I'll wait until he needs something or asks for something before I give him anything else. The best example for your son is you. Give him something mild that you like and start from there, then let him take the lead. My son once told me that there is no comparison between shaving with a cart and shaving with a double edge. He much prefers a double edge.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Gamechanger 0.68
Zeygus Zeppelin 0.3/0.5

Both mild and sensibly priced yet exotic enough to feel special
 
Top