September Acquisitions

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

Blackie

Forum GOD!
Two new Yaqi's.
Both 26mm...an Evil Zebra (Snow Leopard knot), and a Rainbow (Pony knot).
Now have 4 Yaqi's. The other two are 24mm (outside in photo). They are Happy Hippy (Alpine knot) on left hand side of photo, and a Tuxedo (Black Marble handle).
Posed with my Timeless to give an idea of size.
Used the Rainbow for last 2 shaves. Very nice and plush.
Yaqi make a great product and not too dear.

 
Last edited:

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gillette-Super-Nacet-Double-Blades-18-120-PCS-LIMITED-OFFER/202741466810?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=502877282221&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Took about a fortnight to arrive. Prices whilst higher than St P production are broadly in line with Thai Super Thin and Indonesian Goal
Thanks for the info! Have you had a chance to use them? The only MIC Gillette blade I have used is the Gillette Wilkinson Sword, and I think if I can remember correctly it is a very good blade.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Just used the Goat's milk soap to wash my face. I don't believe it chaps. The level of post rinsing is comparable to a good artisan soap!

Quickly, I must grab a dozen of them!

As for the Pears... Ok, way better than Ach Brito and any other glycerin soap that I have tried. Very good preparation to the beard.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the info! Have you had a chance to use them? The only MIC Gillette blade I have used is the Gillette Wilkinson Sword, and I think if I can remember correctly it is a very good blade.
Not yet as they were only delivered to my work late this morning, but I will do so later this week and give an initial opinion in SOTD

I have some Gillette Goal blades which are made in China for the Indonesian market and they are extremely good
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Are they a known good blade Sean? I've never seen those before.. The Thai super thin are decent blades from what I remember...
An unknown quantity, but they will be used later this week for sure.

Reviews elsewhere, well the few that exist, are positive and as you say the Thai Super Thin (and the Goal for Indonesian market too) are very decent
 
Last edited:
Top