September 2021 Acquisitions

slapo

It's... alive!
Two Lemonwald SS303 handles, a black and matte silver. Hefty 70-ish grams, darn good, veeery grippy knurling. The black one has a faulty or short/shallow thread, notning a thread drill won't fix. Not that it's unusable, just not on all of the heads.



I'd been ogling those, too. They're pretty cheap.
 

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
I rarely post in here (don't know why though) so I would like to share the highlight of my September acquisitions

Saponificio Varesino / Thiers-Issard - Galileo Galilei - limited edtion straight razor

  • 7/8 bellied full hollow
  • 100% carbon steel c135
  • Tip Hook Nose
  • Hollow ground with mirror finish
  • Mirror polished shank and profiles
  • Back decoration “Fleur de Lys” (Lily)
  • Snake Wood Handle
This picture is composed out of 66 photos, blended together to get a hyperfocused picture.
If you click on the photo, you will get the full sized version and it should be tack sharp even whilst zooming in.
 
Last edited:

Estariol

Forum GOD!
I'd been ogling those, too. They're pretty cheap.
Go for it, they're on a discount/sale now, i paid a bit above $8 for the black shipping included and the silver was a stand alone product, it was a bit above $3 shipping included. So for a bit above $12 total for 2xSS303 handles i still think it's a bargain. Just used the silver with my Homelike Start, and it's a major difference vs the Blackbird-alike handle it came with, even though that one is grippy enough, too.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Beautiful David. Had my eye on this but never had any experience with single edges. I do loook forward to hearing your thoughts as always my friend. Sincerest respects. J. ❤
Really interested of your thoughts, when you have used it a few times David.
I'll use tomorrow morning and let both of you know my first impressions. I've yet to find a SE razor, artist club or GEM, that I find comfortable to use. Fingers crossed.
 
Top