Secret Santa 2020

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Having read all your comments,it seems that many of you have formed an alliance against me and although I explained my way of thinking,you won't change your minds. Since I don't want to be somewhere that I am not welcome,you won't hear from me again.

I wish you the best.
Come on man, this is a small matter. Completely insignificant in the grand scheme of a terrible year. Just let it go and everyone will move on to better things.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
@RandySp
I have not participated in the SS so I tried my best to avoid any reply so I will not get into any nit picking especially since many members have shown remarkable restrain. But it is not fair that so many got sledged for no fault of theirs.

To give a proper context to what I am referring, I am quoting from post of @N_Architect “You have genuine intentions to explore this hobby further, but I honestly feel you must find a slightly different way in expressing your thirst to learn more.” In another words, I feel that your conversational tone and carelessness with which you address people here in general is akin to a foreman addressing his buddies in blue overalls. I will leave it at that.

I will not go into specifics but to illustrate, your health condition thread ran into several pages and many many people stood behind you and offered you their best wishes, counseled you, put rest to your anxious concerns. Page after page they answered differently to basically a same question you posted again and again. Forgetting all that you just made a flying statement upon very people who participated in that thread “As for the others that jumped to conclusions and supported someone else here that has an empathy towards me and waited for an opportunity to slander me, I really don't care.” Seriously Randy? I think you should care and if you cannot then you probably never will.

Instead of putting any thought behind what so many people have tried to explain to you, you kept acting like a ‘my way or highway brat’ by accusing someone of not putting any like all this time to any of your SoTD pictures, product acquisitions etc Do you realize such expectations and your comment is just incredibly ludicrous.

My friend, it is just so unfair that instead of paying any head to well meaning advice you are still acting like hurt teenager whereas it should not have gone downhill at first place itself. As a non native English speaker to another non native English speaker, I will say that you must find a better way in expressing your thoughts with higher degree of cohesiveness, if you are really serious about not getting misunderstood without blowing up things.
 
Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Come on man, this is a small matter. Completely insignificant in the grand scheme of a terrible year. Just let it go and everyone will move on to better things.
@RandySp I agree with this, please George do not leave the forum over this as I feel it would be a lesser place without you. It’s clear that meanings were taken when they may not have been meant, and as HH above has stated this can happen when English is not your first language.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
@RandySp
George, the chances of opening a present from a complete stranger with a budget of £20 or Euro 22 and being delighted is very slim. Let us be honest and let me say I am not taking sides here, you cannot get a lot for 22 Euro in the shaving world. 98% of good soaps come in more then that especially with postage one way, nevermind with postage from the U.S/ U.K and then onto another country.
Some will happily spend more, some will have to stick to the budget for whatever reason.
It is a lottery and no one will get it right. You merely put your present in a box and hope it is well received.
Don't leave over this. Swollow your pride as I have had to this year and come back. If for no other reason I'll miss you.
 

Cleanfoam

Forum GOD!
Hang on, now I’ve been keeping out of this as I’m new, but I feel I have to say something now as I’m feeling upset by the whole thing...... @RandySp isn’t really called Randy???

Im out - never felt so betrayed :roflmao:
 
Last edited:
Top