Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!
Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Colonial - Silversmith
Blade: Dorco Prime (1)
Soap: Zingari Man - The Wanderer
Brush: DS Cosmetics - Soft 26mm Synthetic

View attachment 80087

Cracking shave today. The Silversmith seems a little picky with NOS blades, but no issues with the Dorco Prime which are a blade that in my opinion don't get enough recognition. My Zingari soap probably has one more shave left in it. Aside from not lasting particularly long, it's a very decent soap. I'll get another scent at some point in the future.
+ 1 on the Dorco Prime. 😍 ...You are right, 'a blade that doesn't get enough recognition'...Probably due to fear & ignorance and been made in Korea....A very smooth forgiving, non-aggressive yet efficient blade...I personally like all the Dorco blades i have tried, but the Prime is my favourite...

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
13 November 2020

Preshave:
Hot water rinse
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottomed Tech - Slim handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Yaqi Bluish Violet 24mm Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Wickham 1912 LE Bleu
Aftershave Balm: Fuzzy Duck Cedarwood & Wild Sage
Aftershave: M&S Aqua

A fine, relaxing shave to leave me BBS, 9/10.

Happy Friday 13th.

Regards,
Chris

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Thursday AM 2020-11-12
Global Handwashing Day

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Essence Oil/Hydrosol
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

The Rose Essence mixture added a nice fragrance to the old shaving soap. I also used Ethos Grooming First Lather before lathering and a couple drops of Ethos Remede rubbed into my skin before applying the aftershave. A lot of 'stuff,' which together made for a great shave.
He should have kept his hands in the pockets... :rolleyes:

Is Ethos Grooming First Lather a pre shave?
What is Ethos Remede ?
Nut, most of all...where did you get all the infos?
I could access only a few information

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
2020-11-13, Friday

A clear morning; but it was supposed to rain: meteorologists are as reliable as our Post service!

I wanted a soap with an elegant scent and the Foris N° 89, for me, belongs to this category: I would see it well in an Edwardian bathroom, even without running water, with a porcelain basin and the fireplace on.
Of course, it would be less practical, but I have a lot of time...

The handle of the brush came well calibrated for my hands and I use it with pleasure.
And today, out of curiosity, I tried it with very little soap passed on my face since its consumption is now evident.
And I discovered that using more of it was just a waste. Today I've had enough of it for one pass and touch ups: exactly how much I needed.
The EdT is also going down, but it's intense enough notto use much of it.
The Pal continues to amaze me: I learned to use it and I regret not having learned before.
But I am still young: I will be able to keep enjoying it for at least a couple of months.

It's incredible the result obtained with just one pass!

Sapone PS: Valobra Mandorla
Sapone: Floris, N° 89
Pennello: Lab. Villefranche, Schwarzy, Amaranto/Silvertip 24 mm
Rasoio: PAL, Injectomatic
Lametta: Ted Pella
AS 1: MilMil, Figaro Gel
AS 2: MilMil, BeMan, Balsamo Polivalente
EdT: Floris, N° 89
ST: Chet Baker, Strollin', 1985

TomG

Forum GOD!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: La Toja
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Planitum Royal (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Myrsol Plastic Shave Splash
Scent:Musgo Real Spiced Citrus EdC

An Iberian-inspired shave.
I've only tried La Toja soap a couple of times previously, having used it in stick form whilst traveling. My experiences were not that favourable.
However, after reading that it was a favourite of many, I grated a stick into a jar and gave it a second chance using a comination of bowl and face lathering. A huge difference. Very easy to lather, and voluminous quantities of thick polar-white lather. I did get a little skin irritation towards the end of the three pass shave, which may be due to La Toja's trademark "Con Sales Minerales". I'll give it another go soon to test this out.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 13th November

Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno soap bar
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 8 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

As Razors go The Claymore is a bit of a Heavyweight, that responds well to the lightest of touches. I am lucky that I started my return to Shaving with heavy ones- Futur and ER Streamline, so The Claymore is not a problem.
Used the soap bar for the first time, applied liberally on the face, and built up a very rich and effective lather with the Brush. Very pleased with the Shave as all went well,and the finish attained was very good.

3CE22111-8497-4DCC-969D-1D2E04A9DCBF.jpeg