MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 2nd August

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
De Vergulde Hand soap
ATT SE1 - Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I have been getting good Shaves with the Occams V2 , proving the efficiency of its most aggressive plate. As a change switched back to one of my favourites the ATT SE1. I rather enjoyed the extra weight of it, and had a very quick "not going anywhere special type of Shave". I did not push for an ultra close finish but what I got was more than passable for a quick Shave.

IMG_0603.jpg

taspav

Forum GOD!
Thu, 1 Aug 2019

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" ss
S.Varesino HMW 2band
Colonial
General SS
KAI
Captain titan mild (7)
Aqua Di Parma
Colonia asl + EdP

Εικόνα

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fri, 2 Aug 2019

EUFROS Zanzibar
Shavemac ATG 2016
RazoRock Black Hawk
Feather Pro (1)
Razorock SMDF asl

Εικόνα

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
8DDC5A53-483B-4D0E-AABE-0D3C9E54FAA8.jpeg

Vreto Mystic Woods
Chubby Synthetic
Razorock Hulk P-30
Body Shop Macca Gel
Coach EDT

Another great smooth shave ! Need to add a background to my photos and a prop.

Oh, and credit to Secret Santa for the Mystic Woods, lovely Soap.

Last edited:

SpeedyPC

Forum GOD!
Date:- 02 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Chasing the Dragon
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

The Club 'Chasing the Dragon' tallow soap is FANTASTIC, the performance level of the lather and quality of the soap is very high up, pretty much the same as Ariana & Evans, Barrister & Mann, Declaration Grooming, Noble Otter and the Wholly Kaw.

The scent straight from the tub I can grab from my nose which is:- coffee, pepper, something dark woody scent in the background, sandalwood, maybe rose, vanilla and possibly bourbon in the background.

Last edited:

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Fougère Friday morning shave:

Pre.: Hot water rinse, organic coconut oil, 3P pre-shave cream
Brush: Mervyn Cadman M55 black&white with a 30mm Tuxedo knot
Soap: Meissner Tremonia - Bomarzo Absenta Fougère
Razor: Classic Shaving - Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional
Post.: Hot water rinse, alum, cold water rinse, Vifrex, Myrsol "Emulsion", Confiança "Chipre" AS, Tom Ford "Noir" EdP

Lovely 3rd shave with the Cobra Classic. Seems the row goes on 😉
This shave, I felt more used to the handle of the Cobra, so it got more easy to control it.
The MT soap provided an excellent glide and protection, the Feather AC blade cut with ease, but didn't feel rough.
The Mervyn Cadman brush is another one, of my favorite synthetics, with a 55mm loft it has a good backbone, but still splays easily and the tips are very soft. Great for face lathering. Honestly, I prefer it to my Simspons Chubby 2 synthetic.
The 3P pre shave cream is more oily than the Proraso green, the scent is a little bit "medicinic" (even more than the Proraso), but I have to say, it does a quite good job.
Comfortable, easy 2 pass shave resulting in a bbs face, no blood, no irritations - good shave! 😊

Wishing all a comfortable and pleasant Friday! 🙂👍

Last edited:

Nico

Forum GOD!
Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: BIC
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

IMG_4689.jpg

Burgundy

Forum GOD!

The scent of Admiral has grown on me and I’ve done a 180 on my first reaction to opening the lid. It needed a few days uncapped before I could really smell what was meant to be going on. The problem with artisans using perfumers is that, unless the fragrance is designed for the soap, the soap itself can make a complete mess of the perfume.

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Friday 2nd August

Pears Glycerine Soap
C R Salter Wild Rose Shaving Cream
Omega S10083 Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
Ming Shi 2000S (3.5,4.5,5.5) with a Gillette/Wilkinson Blade
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Rose of Bulgaria AS
Al-Rehab Istanbul Rose EDP

No photo today for technical reasons.
3 passes for another face feeler.
For me...the weekend finishes today as I am on shift Saturday and then Sunday night.Hope everyone enjoys the weekend to come!

Last edited:

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
2/8/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red & Green
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Treet Durasharp Yellow
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

A very smooth and comfortable shave with the blade and razor, but I struggle to get a close shave with the Old Type it just seems to be a touch too mild maybe as I'm not using the right angle. I might try sticking with the razor for a week and a sharper blade to see if I can improve my shaves with it at sometime, or I might just sell the razor!

Anyway chaps, week's almost over.....