Recommend a razor, soap and brush for a beginner

Steve

Boomer Member
Yep I see your point Steve Although must admit I'd leave the stand ,Guess if your willing to pay big money in this game you tend to get a chunk of it back with selling hardware ,Was thinking a Pils will last a lifetime I know mine will but Gillette Tech has stood the test of time ,If funds was truly unlimited I'd go with the Pils though
+1 (with stand) :)
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Unlimited budget:

Feather AS-D2.
Speick.
EJ STF. I know these are supposedly the same as the Muhle STF but I have both and the EJ is nicer.

Limited budget: Same as above but with a Gillette Tech instead of the Feather.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
The last I checked on the Pils website, the razor was £225, the stand was £125, so, £350+£70 for software. Yep. Pretty close to £500. If you base your predictions on purchasing at rock-bottom BST prices, you'll lose. Best to assume you're going to pay full freight.
image.jpg

Perfect fit for the PILS. At the grand sum of USD 4.22 from Ali Express :p:

(But the premise was, indeed, no budget restraints, so hardly warranted to bring cost into the picture as criticism of someone else’s suggestions.)
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
The last I checked on the Pils website, the razor was £225, the stand was £125, so, £350+£70 for software. Yep. Pretty close to £500. If you base your predictions on purchasing at rock-bottom BST prices, you'll lose. Best to assume you're going to pay full freight.
Best you check again. € not £. The NE is €195 + €100 for the stand. At today's rate that is around £265. Have to factor in taxes / delivery of course. Add software. Nowhere near a 'Monkey'.

The PILs going on BST for £90 is a steal but so is the 6S going for £60 and if anything the 6S is , arguably, the better razor certainly for a beginner. YMMV.
 
Top