Putting the brakes on

S

Steve Bowles

Guest
Sometimes the old standards are the best. I've got my razors down to four: closed comb, open comb, slant, and butterfly. Why would you sell something that does the job and doesn't make you look like a poser? :whistling:
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I'd be interested to know your set up if you haven't shared it.
Mine is ;
Linn sondek Lp12 Circus, and Hercules Audio Technica MC Cart
Naim 92/90/flatcap
Naim CD3.5 (never used in almost 15 years)
Dynaudio Audience speakers.
I make my own audio equipment, mostly the amplification. So my setup wouldn't be too familiar to you, but here it is.

Source: 2009 Mac Pro. All music/media either on hard disc or online - YT, TV channels etc. Controls in software.
DAC: ES9023
Amplifier: PSE 4P1L in filament bias, with 26 driver in SIC diode bias. BIG power supplies, all choke input.
Speakers: Mark Audio single unit Alpair 10M in 4 ft columns.

For home recording I use an older Roland 88 key kb, into a 2012 Mac Mini running Garageband
Vocal/Instrument mics: Rode NT2, Oktava MK319 used off eBay
Instruments: Double bass, Ibanez el-guitar, Gretsch short scale el-bass.

Nothing at all fancy here - it's all utilitarian stuff. No esoteric instruments or expensive hi-fi. Just the basics of what I need to work, being a musician.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I make my own audio equipment, mostly the amplification. So my setup wouldn't be too familiar to you, but here it is.

Source: 2009 Mac Pro. All music/media either on hard disc or online - YT, TV channels etc. Controls in software.
DAC: ES9023
Amplifier: PSE 4P1L in filament bias, with 26 driver in SIC diode bias. BIG power supplies, all choke input.
Speakers: Mark Audio single unit Alpair 10M in 4 ft columns.

For home recording I use an older Roland 88 key kb, into a 2012 Mac Mini running Garageband
Vocal/Instrument mics: Rode NT2, Oktava MK319 used off eBay
Instruments: Double bass, Ibanez el-guitar, Gretsch short scale el-bass.

Nothing at all fancy here - it's all utilitarian stuff. No esoteric instruments or expensive hi-fi. Just the basics of what I need to work, being a musician.
Thanks for sharing.... Right over my head that went lol.
 
Top