Proraso.

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I have & enjoy the green in both soap & in cream, the blue cream, and the white & red in soap only. I also have the green after shave and the white, green, and blue balms or milk. For many years when Williams and Palmolive were my daily soaps Proraso was my special or my Sunday soap or cream. The blue cream and balm are probably my favourite scent, but the green just feels the "most Italian" to me. Of course, I love most Italian shaving products. Seldom does a day go by when I'm not using at least one Italian product.
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Definitely a best buy in my book.
Both the soap and cream lather with ease, provide decent slickness and protection. I find their post shave lacking but for that I have their splash and balms which are really good. Soothing and calming the skin and provide moisture.
Atm I have red soap and splash, wood and spice balm and cologne, blue cream and balm, green pre shave, cypress and vetiver beard oil. Had green soap and splash in the past.
Scentwise I like wood and spice the most, followed by the red sandalwood.
I like the green menthol soap but the splash is somewhat different from it.
The blue one is my least favorite.

I would very much like to see the wood and spice soap in the future.
 
Last edited:

Boru62

Shaving Boar
I've only tried the Red and Green soaps and splashes and for the price they're hard to beat.
I've used products more than twice the price which have only performed half as well.
 

Memhis

Forum GOD!
I have green, red and white soap, and green and red splash and white balm. Splash and balm are ok. The soaps have tendency to dry my skin. Especially green. But they are good performers. Haven`t tried the cream. I wonder if the cream have same effect on skin like the soap or it is something better.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
The green was my first soap and I think I will be revisiting them all. I recently bought a lot of samples from Shavedash most of which are soaps which are highly regarded. To me any real differences are quite small apart from the scents of course ... sometimes it can be a nuisance having such a sensitive hooter. :(
 

bikerjohn666

Über Member
Over the last week or so I've noticed a post shave rash that has never happened before. Today was a no shave day but I splashed some Poraso Green ASL on to see what happened and boom, almost instantly my neck came up like a rose garden. I've recently bought four bottles of the stuff on BST but it seems I get a reaction with it. It doesn't happen with any other lotion I use including Brut at £2.99 a bottle. Gutted!
 

Dr Watson

James
Over the last week or so I've noticed a post shave rash that has never happened before. Today was a no shave day but I splashed some Poraso Green ASL on to see what happened and boom, almost instantly my neck came up like a rose garden. I've recently bought four bottles of the stuff on BST but it seems I get a reaction with it. It doesn't happen with any other lotion I use including Brut at £2.99 a bottle. Gutted!
I wonder which ingredient is guilty? I've read of people having a reaction to eucalyptus so could it be that?

Alcohol Denat., Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Menthol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cl 42090 (FD&C Blue No. 1), Cl 19140 (FD&C Yellow No. 5).
 

bandito

Ex-Addict
Proraso green cream and splash, as well as white pre-shave, are the only software products I have remaining.

The colognes are also really nice, and at a more than reasonable price.
 

bikerjohn666

Über Member
I wonder which ingredient is guilty? I've read of people having a reaction to eucalyptus so could it be that?
Bingo! Did a tester with the aftershave balm this morning and I had the same reaction. I've only used the green shaving cream and balm once but that was in conjunction with the splash. Looks like green is most definately not my colour.
 

Francorelli

Forum fella
I've found the green and white creams to be top notch.

Also, for those happy to use foam in a can, the canned Proraso is up there with the best.
 
Top