Premier League 2019/2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 476
  • Start date

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I expect things to go the way they were going. Liverpool will take care of business asap
I thought they might start slowly after the Everton game, a bit like after the winter break. They looked good against Crystal Palace though, wonder how many points they'll end up with...

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Congrats to Liverpool, the game seems sterile with no crowds and the blunders of VAR. Surprised Liverpool are not favourites to win next season.

D

Deleted member 476

LFC, the City of Champions. You'll never walk alone. 30 years is a long time to wait, especially for a team that's won the league Title 19 times and just one less than ManU's record 20 Titles. Don't get too comfortable ManU, we're coming to nick that soon, like shiny wheels on a Rolls in Wilmslow.

The City of Liverpool takes a lot of flack and many stereotypes thrown at it in the UK. Some of it deserved, lots not but one thing that's a mainstay, just like Mancunians, Scousers live for footie. Its a part of northwest UK life and what interconnects a local community. Growing up in the UK and before video games became a mainstay, it wasn't even an option to not kick a ball around the schoolyard or playing field, even if you were shit at it.

The game is changing, teams and players have more international reach than ever before, (Salah, The egyptian king. Hail to Jurgen Klopp) and the money involved is insane. Winning is always fun but you don't have to win to be a winner with a winning attitude.

D

Deleted member 476

Its no time for LFC to rest just yet. The season is far from over and there's plenty of remarkable milestones to achieve.

There's 7 games left to go. Lets see what records they've achieved and can achieve. (Source: Telegraph sport)
  • Best start to season. 61 points from their opening 21 matches. Most points accumulated by that stage in any top five European league
  • Most points won over 38 games. Liverpool set a record of 104 points from 38 Premier League matches
  • Biggest lead at top of the table. Liverpool had a 25 point lead at one stage of the season, the largest ever in the division
  • Most home wins in a row. 23 consecutive home wins, beating the former record of 20 set by ManC
  • Earliest a team has ever won the title. Liverpool won the league with seven games to spare, beating the former record of five

Records still in play:
  • Most wins in a season. ManC won 32 games in the 2017/18 season. Liverpool have won 28, with seven still to play
  • Most home wins in a season. Chelsea, ManU and City share the record of 18. Liverpool have 16 so far and 3 games left to play at Anfield
  • Most away wins in a season. ManC won 16 of their 19 away games in 2017/18. Liverpool have won 12 out of 15 so far, with four still to play
  • Most points in a season. Liverpool can beat ManC record of 100 points by winning another 14 points from a remaining possible 21
  • Biggest winning margin. ManC won the title with a 19 points gap in 2017/18. Liverpool are currently 23 points ahead

champs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Its no time for LFC to rest just yet. The season is far from over and there's plenty of remarkable milestones to achieve.

There's 7 games left to go. Lets see what records they've achieved and can achieve. (Source: Telegraph sport)
  • Best start to season. 61 points from their opening 21 matches. Most points accumulated by that stage in any top five European league
  • Most points won over 38 games. Liverpool set a record of 104 points from 38 Premier League matches
  • Biggest lead at top of the table. Liverpool had a 25 point lead at one stage of the season, the largest ever in the division
  • Most home wins in a row. 23 consecutive home wins, beating the former record of 20 set by ManC
  • Earliest a team has ever won the title. Liverpool won the league with seven games to spare, beating the former record of five

Records still in play:
  • Most wins in a season. ManC won 32 games in the 2017/18 season. Liverpool have won 28, with seven still to play
  • Most home wins in a season. Chelsea, ManU and City share the record of 18. Liverpool have 16 so far and 3 games left to play at Anfield
  • Most away wins in a season. ManC won 16 of their 19 away games in 2017/18. Liverpool have won 12 out of 15 so far, with four still to play
  • Most points in a season. Liverpool can beat ManC record of 100 points by winning another 14 points from a remaining possible 21
  • Biggest winning margin. ManC won the title with a 19 points gap in 2017/18. Liverpool are currently 23 points ahead

View attachment 71591
I would be lying if I said I fully appreciate and am in awe of the achievements of Liverpool FC, probably because I haven't had first hand experience. I wouldn't put it down to them not being my team of choice, as I would feel the same if it were Spurs.

The reason for the above is I feel ashamed of how little football has done amidst the rising player wages and ticket prices, whilst the whole world is suffering from an epidemic, which we all have first hand experience of. Also the importance of finishing the season (monetary) over reliance of health professionals in needed areas (health). Let alone the spread (or R) that it incites. Will I remember that Liverpool won the league in 2020 in 3 years? No. So are the public celebrations worth the possible spread/death/work load on NHS...no.

All in all I wouldn't want to be celebrating knowing of the suffering and deaths on my doorstep. Call me cynical but I feel it's an unnecessary luxury during an epidemic. Obviously this is just my opinion. I haven't been watching much football since it started, I believe only 45 mins, hence wasn't aware Liverpool had won it, nor was my wife, who supports Liverpool :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 476

Well, that's depressing. I hope for the sake of humanity and our collective sanity that one day, we all can go 5 minutes without wallowing in the misery and despair that this pandemic infects in our soul and minds. Me, I'm already over it and refuse to be so consumed any longer by something that I have zero control over, so I welcome any distraction, including watching and celebrating LFC's amazing Premiership season and my love of the game.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well, that's depressing. I hope for the sake of humanity and our collective sanity that one day, we all can go 5 minutes without wallowing in the misery and despair that this pandemic infects in our soul and minds. Me, I'm already over it and refuse to be so consumed any longer by something that I have zero control over, so I welcome any distraction, including celebrating LFC's amazing Premiership season and my love of the game.
Yh pretty depressing to be fair, I just can't see a goal being defined by hitting a ball between two posts as opposed to saving lives. But life does go on :)

D

Deleted member 476

I’m a very happy Saints supporter tonight ! Wasn’t expecting that at all with our home form of late and against Man City.
City was clearly worn out after kicking LFC's arse just 3 days earlier, but happy to see Southampton show City up.