Photo of the day

Dr Watson

James
Local shot taken on the bottom Football pitch Mountain Hare Merthyr Tydfil, looking south towards Aberfan, the clouds looked so interesting I decided to make them the main focus of the composition.
Jamie I'm green with envy! Just spent a week on the Monmouth and Brecon canal, gorgeous part of the world, so much better than England :D.

It was all lovely but fell in love with Llangattock... How come the Welsh are so friendly? Looked offended the odd time I forgot to say good morning, I'm used to the opposite - Here you're as likely to get thumped attempting to converse with strangers :laugh:

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Jamie I'm green with envy! Just spent a week on the Monmouth and Brecon canal, gorgeous part of the world, so much better than England :D.

It was all lovely but fell in love with Llangattock... How come the Welsh are so friendly? Looked offended the odd time I forgot to say good morning, I'm used to the opposite - Here you're as likely to get thumped attempting to converse with strangers :laugh:
James, I'm pleased you enjoyed your time in Wales, I know Llangattock and the surrounding area very well, including my favourite little town of Crickhowell with the beautiful River Usk and the amazing views from Llangydir mountain.

Dr Watson

James
James, I'm pleased you enjoyed your time in Wales, I know Llangattock and the surrounding area very well, including my favourite little town of Crickhowell with the beautiful River Usk and the amazing views from Llangydir mountain.
Ah yes, made it very near Crickhowell... Halfway across the bridge and the heavens opened so retreated to the pub :happy:

Suppose I ought to add some photos so people can see what we're talking about...

These were taken between Pencelli, Talybont and Llandetty:

These were taken around Llangattock and Crickhowell, that's the river Usk:

These were taken near Abergavenny, the tree came down 100 yards behind us, a loud *crack!* - Luckily nobody was injured:

And that's me :laugh:

JamieM

Ah yes, made it very near Crickhowell... Halfway across the bridge and the heavens opened so retreated to the pub :happy:

Suppose I ought to add some photos so people can see what we're talking about...

These were taken between Pencelli, Talybont and Llandetty:

These were taken around Llangattock and Crickhowell, that's the river Usk:

These were taken near Abergavenny, the tree came down 100 yards behind us, a loud *crack!* - Luckily nobody was injured:

And that's me :laugh:

James, did you try the coach and horses Inn Llangynidr, it's on the canal just below three locks, you travelled through some beautiful parts of Wales, the Glyn Valley is stunning looking over the Beacons not too far from me, I walk there regular.

Dr Watson

James
James, did you try the coach and horses Inn Llangynidr, it's on the canal just below three locks, you travelled through some beautiful parts of Wales, the Glyn Valley is stunning looking over the Beacons not too far from me, I walk there regular.
I did Jamie, had one of the best fish & chips of my life there... Wonderful place. You're so lucky to have it on your doorstep 😩

JamieM

I come across this graffiti artist pretty regular in the South Wales valleys, he goes by the name of tee2sugars, he's a talented young man, this is a piece of his latest work I passed a few days ago, on the back of the local bowls club on the banks of the river Taff along the Taff trail, he does commissions, he can tart up your garage door, or put some life into a plain garden wall.

20220919_144253.jpg

286265013_532837168389609_2399186906133948370_n.jpg

279264935_506096594397000_1083157454329104851_n.jpg

275520743_475900584083268_7462575360300605514_n.jpg

279379679_506768624329797_2943502512924341510_n.jpg