Perma-Sharp Süper

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Looks like they've gone down the same path as Astra's re: etching

Hopefully no fall off in performance as this is my go-to blade for every day use

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 1881

These blades are 100% original and NOT fake. But I wonder why they did this.

AkisT

So I orderd 100 perma sharp super from shaveboss. This is what I received today. No mention of super on the packaging and the blade is etched.
I'm confused

View attachment 41999
Don't worry -actually it's the same.
I have both, Permas (the ones with the "super" on the package and the ones you posted). No difference at all and its on my top 5 blades i use all the time.

FSword

Forum GOD!
Don't know about this batch but Perma Sharps were amongst my favorite blades (now I mainly use SE)! Super smooth and efficient.

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
I don't know what I was thinking, but I just tried Perma-Sharp Supers for the first time and was very pleasantly surprised. I want to log more shaves, but it was good in my Rex Ambassador.

Will test longevity and smoothness/sharpness on additional shaves with the Rex and also use in different razors, but good stuff so far!

Mine were the ones with Perma Sharp Super on the package and printing on the blade.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
These blades are turkish blades and being a turk I can't for the life of me work out how i've never tried them. I'll be buying some this week will in northen cyprus.

jFrode

These blades are turkish blades and being a turk I can't for the life of me work out how i've never tried them. I'll be buying some this week will in northen cyprus.
They where everywhere in supermarkets as well as small corner shops last summer, and for a really good price. I bought quite a few and a Arko sticks. Some of the best shaves of my life. The Arko I think is just super for the warm and humid climate. Never needed any post shave treatments whatsoever, while back here in Norway in the winter, post shave is paramount to say the least. The closest thing I have ever tried blade-wise is GSB. That great smooth yet sharp enough feeling. The Mediterranean must have been made with shaving in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
They where everywhere in supermarkets as well as small corner shops last summer, and for a really good price. I bought quite a few and a Arko sticks. Some of the best shaves of my life. The Arko I think is just super for the warm and humid climate. Never needed any post shave treatments whatsoever, while back here in Norway in the winter, post shave is paramount to say the least. The closest thing I have ever tried blade-wise is GSB. That great smooth yet sharp enough feeling. The Mediterranean must have been made with shaving in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a turk that hates shaving with Arko soap lol I can never get a descent lather. The only time it touches my skin is when I go to my barber. He has it pushed into a shave mug and has it blooming most of the day. I think its this combined with a horse hair brush and he gets it just right.

R181

Grumpy old man
I'm a turk that hates shaving with Arko soap lol I can never get a descent lather. The only time it touches my skin is when I go to my barber. He has it pushed into a shave mug and has it blooming most of the day. I think its this combined with a horse hair brush and he gets it just right.
Just goes to show how experiences differ with shaving products. I have found Arko one of the easiest soaps I have used to get a great lather from when used as a stick or pressed into a mug. I works equally well with my boar or badger brushes too. I can't stand horse hair brushes so they are out for me. I also use cold water for my shaving.

To get back on topic, I'll have to put Perma Sharp blades on my list to try as I like GSB blades.

Bob