OneBlade V2

dc68

-------------
Just ordered "one". I have looked at this razor before I returned to proper shaving over two years ago.
The clincher was being able to buy it through Executive Shaving and use the 10% discount code for ATG members.
I shall post a review after a weeks use.
Edit: Genesis not Core
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have the OneBlade V.1 (not core) and I also find it to be a great shaver. Not too aggressive by any means, yet enough blade feel. Quick and easy to load/use with good balance. Most importantly the pivot actually has useful function as opposed to being a gimmick.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
I just had my first shave with the Genesis, and I'm at a loss for words. It cost me a packet but my six DEs have been relegated to the bottom drawer of my dresser. If this isn't perfection personified, I don't know what is. Save your pennies, put it on your credit card, sell your first-born; it doesn't matter how you get the funds GET THIS RAZOR! I'll wait for @dc68 to publish his review --- I don't have the poetry. :notworthy:
 

dc68

-------------
I just had my first shave with the Genesis, and I'm at a loss for words. It cost me a packet but my six DEs have been relegated to the bottom drawer of my dresser. If this isn't perfection personified, I don't know what is. Save your pennies, put it on your credit card, sell your first-born; it doesn't matter how you get the funds GET THIS RAZOR! I'll wait for @dc68 to publish his review --- I don't have the poetry. :notworthy:
.......the boy stood on the burning deck....Glad you like it, it is really rather special.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
I'm putting three of my relegated razors on BST. S1 on OSS handle, Merkur 39c, and Ikon X3 head on a Parker handle.
 

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
My only issue with OB is that I have to change blades after 2 shaves. Not that I am too concerned about the cost, but it seems wasteful to me.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
My only issue with OB is that I have to change blades after 2 shaves. Not that I am too concerned about the cost, but it seems wasteful to me.
That's the issue with all Feather blades -- the sharper the blade, the shorter its lifetime. I get 2 - 3 shaves with the blade, and it's a small price to pay to use this razor. The first shave I had left me with nothing but smooth. If my face could have squeaked to the touch, it would have. I would usually change a blade every 3 shave in my DEs, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary. One of our members, @Billyfergie, insists upon the 3-shave blade change, and who am I to argue? As he is all things SR, I love it if he could get his hands on a Genesis and give us his impression.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

JAGS009

Forum GOD!
I had put my OB V1 for sale a few months back. It didn't sell and was waiting in the wings in anticipation of a probable buy.

Fast forward 3 months, I shaved with it today morning and absolutely loved the shave. This is not going anywhere. I will sacrifice a few razors instead and keep this one.

What's the major upgrade from V1 please? I doubt if the shaves can get any better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top