OK own up. Who bought it?

dc68

-------------
I was thinking about them earlier, and that in every interest I have there always seems to be one vendor who I've never actually used yet have a real irrational dislike for. For some reason it's ES for me - based on absolutely no experience. I think the reason comes from being a bit "trying too hard to be overly upmarket", but kind of falsely so.

Doesn't help that their prices seem to be a bit more than I see elsewhere further substantiating the feeling they are maybe a bit emperor's new clothes with regards to their offering - I may aswell be buying cartridges than pay this kind of price.
But at least they pay the living wage to their staff. Its ok saying I can get it cheaper but we are supposed to live in a civilised society. I am prepared to pay more to know the staff are respected and treated how I would like to be treated. When you save money.....someone down the line pays

p.b

Forum GOD!
But at least they pay the living wage to their staff. Its ok saying I can get it cheaper but we are supposed to live in a civilised society. I am prepared to pay more to know the staff are respected and treated how I would like to be treated. When you save money.....someone down the line pays
Me too. I always Use ES for big ticket items.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
When I started out six months ago, I found them very early on and used the site to browse equipment (hardware and software), but these days, it is so easy to compare prices, so with a couple of searches improved on not only the price, but also the postage.
So though I visit the website on occasion, I have never purchased form there.
Shame, Connaughts are a great vendor and often have some cracking deals.. Paul is great guy too...

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I got my birth year e4 fatboy from there. I paid top dollar and I got top dollar!! It had to be done and I do not regret it. I actually wanted the RB - No5 , money being no object of course, but they had not come in yet. I could not wait. Oh well. Their loss. :wink:

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
Where's your proof that ES is more "ethically sound"?

Use those £60 Silver Blues as an example if you wish... Where exactly is the cruelty in buying blades originating from the exact same factory via a seller on eBay? Are we funding sex trafficking and drugs somehow?!

Pretty sure we're funding the directors car rather than helping society.

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
Ahh!
That’s a different matter.
Totally agree.

dc68

-------------
Where's your proof that ES is more "ethically sound"?

Use those £60 Silver Blues as an example if you wish... Where exactly is the cruelty in buying blades originating from the exact same factory via a seller on eBay? Are we funding sex trafficking and drugs somehow?!

Pretty sure we're funding the directors car rather than helping society.
If you look at their website they have the living wage symbol. I doubtvanyoine would commit fraud by saying they pay it and don’t.
At no time did I say they were ethically sound as that is subjective.
My point is that low prices can come at a human cost. I do not denigrate anyone who chooses to put cost high on their agenda as a reason to purchase. I merely make the point that one should not ignore the true cost of a product
Bricks and mortar ; national insurance and employers overheads cost money. eBay not so much