October 2021 Acquisitions

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
I have the same, coming from the original Pixel a couple of months ago. It's good for the price, but it'll take some getting used to the change.
Some getting used to is probably an understatement :confused:Android is a differently abele OS for differently abele users. Unadvertised USP being, it is a full fledged entertainment suite. Without much experience, I think I placed my punt on right horse. Pixel doesn’t have any bloat ware (unless one counts myriad of Giggle's own app) and runtime from a 4100mAh battery is solid. I really like the form factor and at 5.81 it still can be managed with one hand; fits in back pocket and shirt pocket. I don’t know any other brand offering this small a device on android except Sony but they are out of game now.
I loved my BB Passport. I never ever once saw anyone else using one out and about.
Today's lunch at office, a berry and custard apple.

PXL_20211102_081957118.PORTRAIT.jpg

Still use mine for emails and I have seen few BBs out in wild but Passport, just 2 times in last 6-7 years that I own this White one. Had a Red PP which was a stunning looking phone but it got pinched and a Silver Edition that was lost en route to Canada for repairs under guarantee. White is the one I have since 2014 November and it still returns 2 days runtime without meeting the charger but wireless protocols are pants and left me fuming on couple of occasions. That and BB pulling plug on servers in few week's time is the only reason I went android.
Thats cause it isn't 2002 anymore :)
I am in same boat, I haven’t seen too many BBs out there but I understand it was never meant to be a device for masses but for ...... :D
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I walked past an antiques shop today and popped in as I had time to kill.
There I saw an Ever-Ready Streamline set in a locked cabinet.
In pretty good nick with the original strop. I couldn't see the price on the label though.
So I inquired. The seller handed me the set for inspection. The label said £25.
I must have frowned a bit (as I do in these situations) and the seller dropped down to £20.
I accepted. Not a bad deal I dare say.

 

slapo

It's... alive!
I walked past an antiques shop today and popped in as I had time to kill.
There I saw an Ever-Ready Streamline set in a locked cabinet.
In pretty good nick with the original strop. I couldn't see the price on the label though.
So I inquired. The seller handed me the set for inspection. The label said £25.
I must have frowned a bit (as I do in these situations) and the seller dropped down to £20.
I accepted. Not a bad deal I dare say.

That seems to be in a really good shape. :)
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Been meaning to try out mo bros products for years, don't know if any of you remember mo bros coming on dragons deal and making a deal? Lol

This the dragons den episode I'm on about if you're curious
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmWTuGy1ass


Got it the other day finally used the beard oil and beard butter, nice smell I like it, the sandalwood best way to describe it would be like the smell of asian spices lol

View attachment 103324View attachment 103325View attachment 103326View attachment 103327
I remember an episode when the entrepreneur wanted investment in a business importing and selling American shaving soaps, etc. and Touker getting rather annoyed about it saying nobody would buy it as we already had plenty of fine UK soap makers. :thumbsup:
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
That seems to be in a really good shape. :)
They'll both get an ultrasonic treatment with a light polish afterwards.
The cap of the razor and the gears on the stropper (naughty autocorrect suggests to call it a stripper) could probably do with a hint of oil.
The case is not perfect, but good enough. Just some dishwashing liquid I guess. I'll leave the strop alone.
Overall, not bad for the price.
 

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
I walked past an antiques shop today and popped in as I had time to kill.
There I saw an Ever-Ready Streamline set in a locked cabinet.
In pretty good nick with the original strop. I couldn't see the price on the label though.
So I inquired. The seller handed me the set for inspection. The label said £25.
I must have frowned a bit (as I do in these situations) and the seller dropped down to £20.
I accepted. Not a bad deal I dare say.

 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hi,

What´s your opinion about this razor? I´ve done a quick search and there´s no review yet here at ATG. I am about to order one but I would like to make sure I am not missing something...

Thanks a lot
I sold mine. In fact, I've sold all my razors produced by Yates. Not sure if it's the finish, but I've yet to find a razor from Jake that doesn't have a certain degree of drag.
 
Top