Occam’s Razor SS DE version.....

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Nice review.

Their single edge are excellent too. All I use now, but the only sting of course for us in the U.K. is them customs fees. That said though it’s worth the extra.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
A quick update on the Occam’s DE and my experience with it. I hadn’t shaved in practically 4 days as work has had me on the clock for nearly 16 hour days. Finally got a breather in today and needed to get a good shave in and get some face smoothness for myself and the Misses. Brought in the Occam’s with the hybrid OC plate (most efficient/aggressive plate), got a good lather from the GD soap and just went to town. What a marvelously efficient yet smooth cutting razor. 3 full passes, a chin buff and 4 days growth no more. I honestly did not expect this razor to perform so well. It combines efficiency and smoothness with relatively good blade feel but, keeps the bite like feel to a minimum on it. Don’t get me wrong, if you’re a bit careless or use a bit to much pressure it will leave it’s mark and remind you that it’s meant to cut. The results have been from good to excellent with every plate used in the kit. No regrets on acquiring this razor at all. Especially for the price that it’s available for. Price/performance ratio is through the roof. Puts to shame a few other razors that are higher up on the food chain expense wise. Just a really good razor, period.

24C701C5-B5ED-4C99-9435-E0F307670B90.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Put the Occam's DE away for a couple weeks and was sampling a couple other offerings from Occam's Razors and a couple of Timeless razors as well.

Last night I used the OC hybrid plate with a twice used Rapira SS blade and it was as smooth if not smoother than my initial first shaves with it. The PannaCrema soap certainly aided in giving the Occam's an excellent base of protection and glide with superb slickness. The razor literally floated over my skin while giving a smooth and efficient feeling cut during all 3 passes with no harshness or overly done blade feel. I certainly don't classify the razor as overly aggressive. Perhaps mid at best but, nothing above that. And from what I remember the closed comb plate reminded me of an EJ89 type of shave. Mild and comfortable. Perhaps I'll try that plate again on the next shave just to refresh my memory. With the Hybrid OC plate it's a very good performing razor with a solid combination of efficiency and smoothness...

D9A2D6DD-2AE2-4203-BAE6-43302318C208.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
A bump to the thread.

Revisited the Occam's DE yesterday with a real smooth & comfy 3 pass shave. The oc plate with the larger holes has been the plate that I've used the most with quality results every time. Again, excellent blade alignment with very good balance and feel. The knurling on the handle is one of the best I've experienced regardless of maker and price point. Just a quality and superbly priced kit that will cater to the majority of wet shavers out there.

Definitely one of the top values in the game....

IQ4M3A0.jpg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
A really nice shave this morning from this piece of kit. Used the hybrid open comb plate (slight similarity to an eclipse red ring) which is the more aggressive of the 3 plates though, not overly so. Just good enough to let you know what it's doing on every stroke and if one gets lazy it can nic you. But, a very impressive and well put together kit from Classic Shaving. I've had if for over 2 years and not a single bad shave from it. It might be made overseas but, the quality make up is exceptional with all Stainless Steel construction and excellent fitment of the components. At that time, I picked it up for an astoundingly low price of $55 when first released. And I can say with no reservation that the complete kit, if it were available on their site today, it's easily worth twice the price.

They produced a quality shaver that covers smooth and mild to effectively efficient yet easy on the skin. Still in my den with razors costing 4-5 times as much. Solid performer, plain & simple.

Great shaves to all....

20220109_072844.jpg

Dragon

Forum GOD!
It’s a while later but did you ever notice a difference in shaves between the two different top caps?

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Really a nice shave with the Occam’s DE razor. The hybrid OC/SB plate with the largest holes really gives an excellent accounting of smoothness & efficient operation. A true shame that this razor was stopped from being produced. I would have enjoyed seeing this creation evolve with its plate options and whatever else Luke Webster & Classic Shaving could have brought into this DE and perhaps have elevated it to more known status and use in the wet shave universe.

I’ll enjoy the heck out of it as it does give excellent results with a nice unique look to it. The handle knurling is one of the best I’ve ever experienced with its barber pole type finish.

Great shaves to all….

3A48C2E4-BC81-4CB9-8E72-3ADA014A862B.jpeg

slapo

It's... alive!
Really a nice shave with the Occam’s DE razor. The hybrid OC/SB plate with the largest holes really gives an excellent accounting of smoothness & efficient operation. A true shame that this razor was stopped from being produced. I would have enjoyed seeing this creation evolve with its plate options and whatever else Luke Webster & Classic Shaving could have brought into this DE and perhaps have elevated it to more known status and use in the wet shave universe.

I’ll enjoy the heck out of it as it does give excellent results with a nice unique look to it. The handle knurling is one of the best I’ve ever experienced with its barber pole type finish.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 144961
It's also rather curious that the razor didn't get popular, because people still keep calling for a stainless steel DE89, and from the reviews I've seen and read, with one of the plates, this was reportedly the same shave.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I had one and sent it back because the quality was so piss poor - it came from Luke Webster and Classic shaving after all. Made from the same soft-as-cheese sh1t metal as the other later Occams razors.