Not shaved since the outbreak

Sensai..I don't understand? I though shaving was the path to enlightenment?
Yeah echoing others, Wayne just have to push through and grow and use something to calm the discomfort. Daft as it sounds, Sodium Bicarbonate to wash your beard hair can calm the discomfort...apple cider vinegar as well, but you'll smell like a chip shop :laugh:

I grew mine for a bit but it drove me mental and I like shaving too much.
Stay safe Pal.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
King Wayne, if you decide to keep it, then 2-3 times a week you must wash it with some soft beard shampoo. Oil is necessary after the washing and while beard is damp.

I cannot tolerate more than two weeks of hair growth, it is the most I could handle, but I kept using By My Beard Beard Oil & Beard Shampoo. Great stuff made in Manchester and dirt cheap.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I grow a goatee now and again and have one currently. It means masks seal properly (I am Face Fitted). It’s a good compromise as it allows me to enjoy shaving still.
Yep mine itches like buggery initially
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shaved 3 times in the last month, but have been keeping a beard for about a year now, I think. No uncomfortable skin issues for me. Just had my last shave, used an ATT S2, haven't used this is what seems an eternity. Lovely aggressive shaver.

Oh keep: face scrub twice a day with a shower. No balm/wax etc etc waste of time for me. I have a beard brush.
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet

Here's me in 1973 driving a boat on Lake Michigan. Bunch of us were fishing 4 miles offshore for perch. You might notice the David Niven looking beard which I had for only 6 years. No, I never really got used to having a merkin on my face and it was great when finally removed! Easy to eat so many things like ribs and corn on the cob!

Martin
That's an incredibly flammable setup you had there!
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Tried beard, moustache, side burns, etc several times in my twenties, but couldn’t hack the feel or look of any of them. Since then I’ve been shaving every day more or less and love the morning ritual and the way I feel clean and invigorated after my shave and shower. I don’t like the current stubbly (GQ) look either. There are very few men, not to mention women, who look good with a beard. As for a goatee and moustache, well...
 
Last edited:

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Here's me in 1973 driving a boat on Lake Michigan. Bunch of us were fishing 4 miles offshore for perch. You might notice the David Niven looking beard which I had for only 6 years. No, I never really got used to having a merkin on my face and it was great when finally removed! Easy to eat so many things like ribs and corn on the cob!

Martin
Blimey! It’s Jerry Garcia’s twin brother.

steve
 

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
For God's sake, allow yourself to enjoy the therapeutic sensation of a good shave. Quite honestly, since we have been ordered to shelter in place in Texas, I have really, I MEAN REALLY, looked forward to shaving...... It is just one of those things that lifts my spirit a bit. Call it meditative and ritualistic but it truly does make me feel better - physically and emotionally. Shave, shave it off before it starts to itch and keeps you up at night b/c of the stubble on the pillow case.... that is when you start going mad. :wink:
 
Top