Waynecornwall
Forum GOD!
Was wondering how hard is it to find blades to fit vintage/antique razors, was tinkering with the idea of getting a ww1 officers razor to use
Cheers- my finger is still hovering over the buy it now buttonIf it is the one mentioned in your unicorn thread, any modern DE blade should fit. The older DE Gillette razors used a thicker blade before Gillette switched to using the thinner blades we now have. I do use modern ones in mine.
Bob
Looks like the change in blade thickness happened around 1930.Cheers- my finger is still hovering over the buy it now button
I’m such a nerd I want that link pic as a posterLooks like the change in blade thickness happened around 1930.
Have fun deciding.
Bob
That’s a great resource. I’ve used it for years. Like our friend said. Any new blade will work. Another option is a sample pack of several brand so you can determine what is best for your face.Looks like the change in blade thickness happened around 1930.
Have fun deciding.
Bob
You could also go all out on vintage, and use a Wilkinson or a Valet razor. Some models can use modern single edge blades, adapted or otherwise.
You could also go all out on vintage, and use a Wilkinson or a Valet razor. Some models can use modern single edge blades, adapted or otherwise.
I’m good for blades I’ve got 17.5yrs worthThat’s a great resource. I’ve used it for years. Like our friend said. Any new blade will work. Another option is a sample pack of several brand so you can determine what is best for your face.
I went for these 2 in the endYou could also go all out on vintage, and use a Wilkinson or a Valet razor. Some models can use modern single edge blades, adapted or otherwise.
Went for theseLooks like the change in blade thickness happened around 1930.
Have fun deciding.
Bob