No Buy 2018

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
thing is that at this point I am not that bothered? I think it'll turn into a no buy until I really really want something that I really really need. Which could well be far into 2019
I am the same, I look at my collection and honestly say that I'm lacking an incentive to purchase new products. I have only unpacked 4 of 7 boxes. Here it is so far:
IMG_20180224_115549.jpg


Knots have been in storage so not shaped correctly.
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
And there's me thinking I had over done it with 5 brushes, 3 DE's, 2 SE's, 2 AC straights and an injector.


Still managed to not to buy anything so far.

There is something on BST that is catching my eye but I'm resisting.
 

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I was offered last night, a very lightly used Brett Mozingo handle with a Declaration Grooming B3 knot.

If this would have been October/November, my resistance would crumbled but alas...I turned it down. ☹



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
My wife just ordered a 28mm Silksmoke in a resin handle from AP Shave Co for me. My birthday is next week, & she asked if there was anything I wanted. I said "As a matter of fact, many of the lads on this internet discussion board are chuffed to bits with this new synthetic brush..." "You're nuts," she replied. But it's coming!
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Still standing, Kul?
Of course Halvor.

When you have found the perfect SE, (SS General and King Cobra), DE (Blackbird) and brushes ( Semogue SOC boar, badger and mixed knot) then it's a lot easier than you might think.

I look at all the new razors and get tempted, then shave with one of the above and think 'Nah'.


Are you still adding to your den?
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Sales have added circa £190 to my PayPal balance since the turn of the year but I’ve not been tempted to spend. I may ask for a bottle of perfume (something French) for my birthday in June but that’s all I need in terms of grooming items for 2018.

I’ve actually been using the same razor, brush, aftershave and a tiny rotation of one Palmolive stick and two soap samples since the start of February - hence no SOTDs and very little activity.
 

AlexNoodles

Forum GOD!
Sales have added circa £190 to my PayPal balance since the turn of the year but I’ve not been tempted to spend. I may ask for a bottle of perfume (something French) for my birthday in June but that’s all I need in terms of grooming items for 2018.

I’ve actually been using the same razor, brush, aftershave and a tiny rotation of one Palmolive stick and two soap samples since the start of February - hence no SOTDs and very little activity.
I have a few razors that I kept for 'future' investments that I am no longer sure about being worth it. Blackbird and some others etc, might have to bin them off...
 
Top