New Tallow soap

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Hi guys,
I emailed the farm to see when there would be more in stock and they had 3 left in their physical farm shop. They now have 2 and this is an old formula hence the price being so low. They are in the process of making a new version though. See Graham’s email below.

Hi Lee

Hope you are well. Our round shaving bar was a first generation product of ours, which we were running down the stock of; as it needed a redesign.
Hence the sale price.


We are farmers and the learning curve of product design was steep so our first labels carried some mistakes, when we first launched in 2019. Our designs have moved on now.

It’s a shame that the website picked up on it when we were down to the last few. We have had strong growth as the purity and integrity of our products
are helpful to people with dry skin conditions.

Long story short, we are currently re designing and finding a way to speed up our shaving manufacturing soap process.

I do have 3 left in stock - If you want to send £5 per tin by paypal to me @ graham@hayesmeadow.com - we will pop in post thereafter. Please include your address.

Sorry this caught us by surprise
All the Best Graham
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I took a leap and ordered one of the ones they had left in their physical store. Contacted Graham via messenger add he was very helpful. Hope it smells good and is on the usable side even if its not amazing
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok my soap has arrived and unfortunately the fragrance has faded and the tallow and oils scent has become harsher prob on the turn. Will try the soap as a hand lather but won't touch it with any of my brushes. I should have asked how old they were when they said it was old stock.
 

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Will be trying it tomorrow, mine arrived today. Not the smoothest sandalwood smell I’ve tried but inoffensive enough. Soap seems nice and hard so could be a winner once lathered.
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Ok my soap has arrived and unfortunately the fragrance has faded and the tallow and oils scent has become harsher prob on the turn. Will try the soap as a hand lather but won't touch it with any of my brushes. I should have asked how old they were when they said it was old stock.
Mine arrived today and it reminds of other farm type shaving soaps - Hampshire Wool Fat (HWF) etc. I don't think it's on the turn but the tallow smell gives it a barnyard quality similar to HWF.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Mine arrived today and it reminds of other farm type shaving soaps - Hampshire Wool Fat (HWF) etc. I don't think it's on the turn but the tallow smell gives it a barnyard quality similar to HWF.
Do you get any scent from it other than the tallow and oils?
 

Electrif

SE la vie
Mine arrived today and it reminds of other farm type shaving soaps - Hampshire Wool Fat (HWF) etc. I don't think it's on the turn but the tallow smell gives it a barnyard quality similar to HWF.
I like the phrase "barnyard quality",as I also like the natural tallow background of HWF.
The Sandalwood scent is apparent, but nothing to shout about. Unlike the superb OSP, which incidentally, also has a natural tallow background scent.
I did a quick test lather which successfully confirmed the continuous slickness I prefer.
I'll test the shaving quality in a few days.
 
Top