New SE razor coming - and it takes GEM SE blades

R181

Grumpy old man
Well, the 1912 Gems are cheap as chips and pleasing to the eye, at least to my eyes anyway, to say nothing of giving fantastic shaves. That is a hard combo to beat and the current proposal is not pleasing to the eye. Be interesting to see how this proposed new SE evolves though.

Bob

wintoid

Out of control
Not many razors are of interest to me lately, but this could be if the design was good. The Feather AC blades are too long to be manoeuvrable under the nose. I find the 1912 razors are also a bit unwieldy under the nose, but the OCMM and Clog Pruf are OK. I'd definitely enjoy a modern take on the OCMM.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
I would hope to see a more lithe dual purpose razor. Blades like the GEM SE and injectors are sufficiently rigid they simply don't need such overkill in terms of mass for excellent performance.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
Unless I'm dreaming, I think I recently had an email from Colonial, in which was mentioned, inter alia, that they're considering designing a Gem-blade style razor.
Edit
I wasn't dreaming. Quote from Colonial's email:-

"Other 2017 plans:
  • Release our first DE razor.
  • Start designing a Gem style SE razor after our DE is released. I have an initial concept already in my mind.
  • Learn soap making"

Last edited: